Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Silent Case Product Description
The Corsair Obsidian Series 550D has been carefully engineered for noise reduction. The front and side panels are insulated with sound dampening material, and the hard drive trays and fans have soft silicon mounts to absorb vibration. The top and side panel vents are covered for noise reduction if you’re not using them to install your own fans, and even the intakes are angled to reduce air noise.
The rigid, stamped steel and brushed aluminum case holds some remarkable technology that makes it easy to build great systems. There’s built-in USB 3.0 support, and the drive trays work with 2.5” SSDs. The removable hard drive bays allow customization for extra-long graphics cards and maximizing airflow. And, the easy-access side panels come off at the touch of a button for easy upgrades or simply admiring your work.
- Insulated, sound dampened side and front panels
- Six tool-free hard drive trays with integral SSD support and soft silicon sound dampening
- Four tool-free optical drive bays
- Angled air intakes for reduced noise
- Covered vents for noise reduction if additional fans (not included) are not installed
- Front panel USB 3.0 connectors and audio connectors
- Cable routing cutouts with rubber grommets
- Removable, reversible front panel
- One-button side panel removal for quick access
- Matte black interior
- Three 120mm fans
- Top panel is compatible with 240mm radiators for dual-radiator Hydro Series CPU coolers and liquid cooling systems
- Eight expansion slots for multi-GPU compatibility
Dimensions: 20.9” x 8.7” x 19.5”
Material: Brushed aluminum with steel structure
Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Silent Case Product Reviews
Corsair Obsidian 550D reviews collected by
Value for money
Scores 9.3 out of 10based on 26 reviews
10 out of 10
Easy build with tool less design. Adequate space for several hard drives and optical drives. Looks good and there is plenty of sound proofing making it very quiet.
Not impressed by the door design. door opens left or right, so that hinges are also catches, but they are too stiff making the door difficult to open. Also as they are plastic I wonder how long they will last.
Exactly as advertised, great quality. Decided to purchase this as I have a deafening processor fan and a cheap case which only amplified it. Nice foam padding on the insides, plenty of space for more hardware. Whilst it isn't 'silent' it's acctually a lot better than I was expecting and I don't really notice the machine is on, which is perfect and made a huge difference. Looks great too and comes with more than enough screws, cable ties etc.
Threading on one of the screw holes was damaged. Not a deal breaker, and can't complain about the product overall.
Gorgeous case, feel in love instantly. good quality fans included. great noise reduction. easy to open and install drives. had no problems installing boards. comes with great amount of screws for mobo, psu, hdd etc.