WD VelociRaptor drives offer an unmatched combination of high performance and high reliability, perfect for workstations, high-end video and photo editing, low-end servers and performance enthusiasts’ systems. Comes with a 3.5-inch mounting frame for easy installation into today's high-performance systems and chassis.
Designed around a 10,000 RPM spin speed, these SATA 6 Gb/s drives include a 64 MB cache and deliver the ultimate performance for photo and video editing.
With 1.4 million hours MTBF, these drives have the highest available reliability rating on a high capacity SATA drive.
State-of-the-art technology delivers a balance of high performance and high capacity perfect for data-intensive workloads that require large amounts of storage such as video editing, 3D rendering and scientific modeling.
Consumes less idle power and uses similar active power as the previous generation WD VelociRaptor, while offering double the capacity and higher performance.
- Capacity: 1 TB
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- User Sectors Per Drive: 1,953,525,169
- Rotational Speed: 10,000 RPM (nominal)
- Buffer Size: 64 MB
- Load/unload Cycles: 600,000 minimum
- Buffer To Host (Serial ATA): 6 Gb/s (Max)
- Operating Shock (Read): 65G, 2 ms
- Non-operating Shock: 300G, 2 ms
- Operating Temp: 41° F to 131° F
- Non-operating Temp: -40° F to 158° F
- Read/Write power dissipation: 5.10 Watts
- Height: 26.1 mm
- Depth: 147 mm
- Width: 101.6 mm
- Weight: 0.50 kg