The must-have solution for your PC upgrade
The evolution of the SSD has arrived as the Samsung SSD 840 EVO with more speed, more reliability and much easier upgrade tools. Combining the best SSD technology from Samsung, 840 EVO delivers a superior computing experience.
Faster performance for everyday use
The market-leading 840 Series SSD was significantly improved upon in the 840 EVO. Samsungâ€™s new TurboWrite technology delivers dramatically faster sequential write performance. And, with upgrades to NAND, a new controller and firmware, the 840 EVO has superfast responsiveness under everyday workloads.
Proven quality and trusted reliability
Samsungâ€™s unparalleled end-to-end integration allows us to deliver a reliable, high-performance 2nd generation 3-bit MLC SSD. The upgraded firmware and advanced signal processing guarantees the same level of endurance and reliability as our previous generation, while improving performance. The 840EVOâ€™s ultra-low power consumption helps extend laptop battery life longer than before.
In addition, Samsungâ€™s â€œDynamic Thermal Guardâ€ algorithm in 840 EVO maintains optimal operating temperature for the drive.
Samsung 840 EVO is backed by the same 3-year limited warranty as the previous generation.
Easier-than-ever upgrade tools
As SSDs become more main stream, it is important to make the installation process as smooth and simple as possible. Samsungâ€™s Onestop Installation Navigator is a comprehensive guide for software setup, data migration process and hardware installation. The Samsung Data Migration software is simple to use - yet provides a very powerful â€œCustom Cloningâ€ feature that makes migration work even when source data is greater than the SSDâ€™s capacity. In addition, SATA to USB 3.0 connector makes data migration up to three times faster than USB 2.0 for laptop upgrades*. Together, it is now easier than ever to get setup and running with Samsung SSDs.
(*SATA to USB 3.0 connector is bundled only with Laptop Upgrade package)
Samsung Magician Software
Magician eliminates the confusion and uncertainties of SSD management, making it simple for users to maximize the performance and lifetime of their Samsung SSD. In addition to its performance optimization features, Magician (from the version 4.2) also provides 840 EVO users the option to enable RAPID mode (Realtime Accelerated Processing of Input-output Data) â€“ an innovative performance enhancement that processes data on a system level by using free DRAM memory as a cache. Once enabled in Magician, RAPID mode provides an overall PC performance boost.
More Powerful Data Security Solutions
The Samsung SSD 840 EVO introduces two important features for data security: hardwarebased AES 256bit Full Disk Encryption (FDE) and PSID. Hardware-based AES Encryption helps safeguard data against attack by encrypting all information on the disk at the hardware level, which means there is no detrimental effect on performance.
When you forget your SSD security password, PSID protects your data on the drive by executing a cryptographic erase which returns the drive to its factory status, preventing any unauthorized access to your data.
A complete, user-friendly solution
With a wide range of capacities from 120GB to the spacious 1TB, the 840 EVO will help you find the perfect SSD for your PC upgrade. And, Samsungâ€™s 1TB drive is a real 1,000GB of useraddressable capacity.
The Samsung SSD 840 EVO is available in three packaging configurations: Basic (Drive only), Laptop Upgrade and Desktop Upgrade kit. The Laptop Upgrade kit comes with a SATA to USB 3.0 connector and a mounting spacer. The Desktop Upgrade kit includes a SATA to USB 2.0 connector, a SATA data cable, screws, a 2.5â€ to 3.5â€ adapter bracket.
- Capacity: 500GB
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s (compatible with SATA 3Gb/s and SATA 1.5Gb/s)
- Form Factor: 2.5-inch
- Controller: Samsung 3-core MEX Controller
- NAND Flash Memory: 1x nm Samsung Toggle DDR 2.0 NAND Flash Memory (400Mbps)
- DRAM Cache Memory: 256MB (120GB) or 512MB(250GB&500GB) or 1GB (750&1TB) LPDDR2
- TRIM Support: Yes (Requires OS Support)
- Garbage: Collection Yes
- S.M.A.R.T: Yes
- Security: AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption (FDE) TCG-OPAL/eDrive compliant (from Oct. â€™13 ~)
- Dimensions: (L* W* H) 100 x 69.85 x 6.8 (mm)
- Weight: Max. 53g
- Reliability MTBF: 1.5 million hours
- Support: 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Sequential Read: Max. 540 MB/s
- Sequential Write: Max. 520 MB/s
- 4KB Random Read (QD1): Max. 10,000 IOPS
- 4KB Random Write(QD1): Max. 33,000 IOPS
- 4KB Random Read(QD32): Max. 98,000 IOPS
- 4KB Random Write(QD32): Max. 90,000 IOPS
- Operating Temperature: 0Â°C to 70Â°C
- Non-Operating Temperature: -55Â°C to 95Â°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Operating vibration: Random: 2.17Grms (7~800Hz)
- Non-Operating vibration: Random: 3.08Grms (7~800Hz)
- Shock: 1500G & 0.5ms (Half sine)