£139.98 inc. vat£149.97save £9.99
£116.65 ex. vat£124.97save £8.32
Click & Collect Available
per month. Learn more
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
£182.99 inc. vat
£152.49 ex. vat
£187.98 inc. vat£208.48save £20.50
£156.65 ex. vat£173.73save £17.08
Gigabyte Intel Z170X GAMING 7 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard Product Description
- Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Certified Motherboard
- Supports 7th / 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel® USB 3.1 with USB Type-C™ - The World's Next Universal Connector
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Exclusive Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over the PCIe Slots
- Dual PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connectors with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe NVMe & SATA SSD support)
- 3 SATA Express Connectors for up to 16Gb/s Data Transfer
- Integrated HDMI 2.0 support
- Creative SoundCore™ 3D Gaming Audio
- Killer™ E2400 and Intel® Gaming Networks
- LED Trace Path with Multi-Color Choice
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ Technology
Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Certified Motherboard
Powered by Intel's own Thunderbolt controller the new Thunderbolt™ 3 protocol, which is available over a USB Type-C™ connector on the back I/O of the GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7, brings an unprecedented single-wire bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s -- twice more than the previous generation of Thunderbolt! This incredible increase in bandwidth is also accompanied with support for different protocols such as DisplayPort 1.2 and USB 3.1, which is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, opening up a world of new possibilities.
Daisy-chain Multiple Devices
Support for DisplayPort 1.2 makes Thunderbolt™ 3 a must have for any enthusiast. The Z170X-Gaming 7 is able to support a display in 4K resolution at 60 FPS. In addition, Thunderbolt™ 3 over USB Type-C™ has revolutionary industry-first features such as Power Delivery 2.0, and the ability to daisy-chain up to 6 devices thanks to the Z170X-Gaming 7's USB Type-C™ port.
The Intel® USB 3.1 controller utilizes 4 PCIe Gen3 lanes, offering up to 32 Gb/s total bandwidth, for uncompromised transfer speeds of up to 10 Gb/s per USB 3.1. With twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation, and backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0, the much improved USB 3.1 protocol is available over the new reversible USB Type-C™ and the traditional USB Standard-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
Connecting the Future - USB Type-C™:
The World's Next Universal Connector
Reversible USB Type-C™ with USB 3.1
The USB Type-C™ is a new reversible connector that is loaded with useful features such as USB 3.1 support for 10Gb/s transfer speed. Powered by the Intel® USB 3.1 controller, this little port provides the best USB Type-C™ experience possible.
LED Trace Path with Multi-Color Choices
Personalize your next PC rig to your liking by selecting the color of your choice to illuminate the LED trace path lighting. A total of 7 colors are available to make your system appearance unique!
GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio™ Technology
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7 motherboard is equipped with the GIGABYTE exclusive AMP-UP Audio Technology, which provides the industry's highest level of onboard audio features and technologies. With GIGABYTE AMP-UP Audio, gamers and audiophiles are able to experience crisp, ultra-realistic sound effects while gaming, and the richest possible sound experience when listening to their favorite music and movies.
Creative® Sound Core3D™ Quad-Core Audio Processor
Combining world's first Quad-Core Creative Sound Core3D Audio Processor Plus Advanced Creative SBX PROSTUDIO Audio Suite.
+ Harnessing the power of a Dedicated Audio Processor to offload workload from CPU
+ Total solution from Creative (Hardware +Software)
+ Richer overall audio experience
Creative SBX Pro Studio™ Audio Suite
SBX Pro Studio™ suite of audio playback technologies deliver a new level of audio immersion. Realistic surround sound, the ability to clearly hear specific sounds in a gaming environment are just a few elements of SBX Pro Studio that enhances the overall experience, be it movies, games or music.
GIGABYTE Exclusive : Upgradable OP-AMP
+ Users can choose audio quality based on individual listening preferences.
+ Wide availability of additional OP-AMPs.
Low Cost way to dramatically improve audio quality
+ Improve audio dynamics and overall sound-quality with little cost.
+ No need for expensive speakers or high-end audio equipment.
Exclusive onboard 'Gain Boost' selector switches
+ Select either standard 2.5x or high-amplification 6x mode.
+ 6x mode is ideal for high impedance speakers and headphones
High End Audio Capacitors
GIGABYTE G1™ Gaming motherboards use high end, Japanese branded Nichicon audio capacitors. These professional audio capacitors deliver the highest quality sound resolution and sound expansion to create the most realistic sound effects for professional gamers.
Clean, low-noise power for your Digital-to-Analog Audio converter
GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP provides clean, noise-free power delivery to your Digital-to-Analog Converter. DACs can be sensitive to fluctuations in power from the other USB ports, which is why GIGABYTE USB DAC-UP takes advantage of an isolated power source that minimizes potential fluctuations and ensures the best audio experience possible.
HDMI 2.0 for 4K/60P/21:9/HDCP 2.2 Support
HDMI 2.0, which is backwards compatible with HDMI 1.4, offers 18 Gb/s of bandwidth - nearly twice that of the previous generation. This unlocks the potential for users to transfer multiple video streams, as well as a native cinematic 21:9 ratio (which most movies are shot in), offering the best visual experience for viewers.
Killer™ E2400 Gaming Network / Intel® Gigabit LAN
Killer™ E2400 is a high-performance, adaptive gigabit Ethernet controller that offers better online gaming and media performance compared to standard solutions.
Intel® Gigabit LAN networking, a popular choice with gamers, delivers several performance-enhancing features such as advanced interrupt handling to help reduce CPU overhead and Jumbo Frame support for extra large data packets.
2-Way SLI™/3-Way CrossFire™ Multi-Graphics
Multi-graphics configuration offers better graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
Industry Leading Ultra Durable™ PCIe Metal Shielding
The innovative one piece stainless steel shielding design from GIGABYTE reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support heavy graphics cards.
Dual PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2
With two PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 connectors onboard, GIGABYTE brings to the user PCI-Express connectivity for SSD devices. Delivering up to 32 Gb/s data transfer speed per connector, the dual M.2 provides an ideal storage solution as it also supports RAID modes.
Built-in Advanced Performance Tuning IC
Thanks to the onboard TURBO B-Clock Tuning IC, GIGABYTE Motherboards enable Overclockers to have the ability to change their BCLK Frequency to a desired value of their choice. With the new linear range adjustment option of the Tuning IC, ranges from 90MHz to 500MHz are now possible, so that overclockers are not limited to the 5% ranges of traditional straps.
* Turbo B-Clock overclocking range may vary according to CPU capabilities.
Next Generation SATA Express
SATA Express combines the benefits of PCI Express and SATA to provide much higher bandwidth, featuring data transfer rates of up to 16Gb/s.
All New GIGABYTE™ App Center Including EasyTune™, Cloud Station™ Utilities and More…
GIGABYTE's EasyTune™ is a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings or adjust system and memory clocks and voltages in a Windows environment. With Smart Quick Boost, one click is all it takes to automatically overclock your system, giving an added performance boost when you need it the most.
GIGABYTE APP Center gives you easy access to a wealth of GIGABYTE apps that help you get the most from your GIGABYTE motherboard. Using a simple, unified user interface, GIGABYTE APP Center allows you to launch all GIGABYTE apps installed on your system.
Get the highest levels of performance from your PC with easy to use GIGABYTE overclocking features.
GIGABYTE™ Cloud Station™ is composed of several GIGABYTE unique apps that allow your smart phones/tablet devices to communicate, share resources, and control your desktop PC via a wireless connection.
Long Lifespan Durable Black™ Solid Caps
GIGABYTE motherboards integrate the absolute best quality solid state capacitors that are rated to perform at maximum efficiency for extended periods, even in extreme performance configurations. With ultra-low ESR no matter how high the CPU load, this provides peace of mind for end users who want to push their system hard, yet demand absolute reliability and stability. These exclusive capacitors also come in customized jet black, exclusively on GIGABYTE motherboards.
EKWB Water Cooling Ready
Designed and engineered in co-operation with GIGABYTE®, this monoblock uses award winning EK-Supremacy EVO cooling engine to ensure best possible CPU cooling. This water block directly cools Intel LGA-1151 socket type CPU and power regulation (MOSFET) module as water flows directly over all critical areas. It is a very high flow water block that can be easily used with the system using weaker water pumps. Unlike other solution on the market, this is a true one-piece, sturdy and reliable liquid cooling product which requires only two connector fittings for proper operation.
Note: EKWB water block and it's accessories are not included with the motherboard and are not covered by the motherboard warranty. For more information about EK's water block, please visit: https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-fb-ga-z170x-monoblock-nickel
- Support for 7th/6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/ Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/ Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package
- * For 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processors support need to update the latest BIOS.
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- (Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
- Intel® Z170 Express Chipset
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
- * Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR4 3866(O.C)/3733(O.C)/3666(O.C) /3600(O.C.) /3466(O.C.) /3400(O.C.) /3333(O.C.) /3300(O.C.) /3200(O.C.) /3000(O.C.) /2800(O.C.) /2666(O.C.) /2400(O.C.) /2133 MHz memory modules
- Support for ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Support for non-ECC UDIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
- (Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
- Onboard Graphics
- Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
- 1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
- * Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
- ŠŠ Integrated Graphics Processor+MegaChips MCDP2800 chip:
- 1 x HDMI 2.0 port
- Requires the latest Intel® Graphic Driver from GIGABYTE website.
- Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
- Creative® Sound Core 3D chip
- Support for Sound Blaster Recon3Di
- TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifier
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- 1 x Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)(LAN1)
- 1 x Killer E2400 chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)
- * Teaming is not supported.
- Expansion Slots
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
- * For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
- * The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
- * The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the M2H_32G connector. The PCIEX4 slot will become unavailable when an SSD is installed in the M2H_32G connector.
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
- (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
- Storage Interface
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA & PCIe x4/x2/x1 SSD support)
- 3 x SATA Express connectors
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0~5)
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
- * Refer to "1-10 Internal Connectors," for the supported configurations with the M.2, SATA Express, and SATA connectors.
- ASMedia® ASM1061 chip:
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 6~7), supporting AHCI mode only
- Multi-Graphics Technology
- Support for NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ and 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ technologies
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ and 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies
- 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
- Chipset+Renesas® USB 3.0 Hub:
- 4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (available through the internal USB headers)
- Chipset+Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Controller:
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
- Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
- 3 x SATA Express connectors
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x I/O shield audio LED power connector
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
- 3 x system fan headers
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x power button
- 1 x reset button
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x ECO button
- 1 x OC button
- 1 x audio gain control switch
- Voltage Measurement Points
- 1 x BIOS switch
- Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x DisplayPort
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red)
- 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 2 x RJ-45 ports
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In/Mic In, Line Out, Headphone)
- I/O Controller
- iTE® I/O Controller Chip
- H/W Monitoring
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System/Chipset temperature detection
- CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed detection
- CPU/System/Chipset overheating warning
- CPU/CPU OPT/System fan fail warning
- CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed control
- * Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
- 2 x 128 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Unique Features
- Support for APP Center
- * Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
- 3D OSD
- Ambient LED
- Cloud Station
- Easy RAID
- Fast Boot
- Smart TimeLock
- Smart Keyboard
- Smart Backup
- System Information Viewer
- USB Blocker
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Smart Switch
- Support for Xpress Install
- Bundle Software
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel® Smart Response Technology
- Operating System
- Windows® 10 64-bit (for 7th Generation Intel® Processors)
- Windows® 10 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit / Windows® 7 32-bit / 64-bits (for 6th Generation Intel® Processors)
- * Please download the "Windows USB Installation Tool" from GIGABYTE's website and install it before installing Windows 7.
- Form Factor
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Box Contents
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 motherboard
- Motherboard driver disk
- User's Manual
- Quick Installation Guide
- Four SATA cables
- I/O Shield
- One 2-Way SLI bridge connector
- One G Connector
- One pack of back I/O dust covers
Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
Add-ons and Accessories
£12.92 ex. vat
£14.28save £1.35 £10.77 ex. vat
£51.82save £4.25 £39.64 ex. vat
£37.90 ex. vat
£49.97save £2.59 £39.48 ex. vat
£44.05 ex. vat
£72.49 ex. vat
£164.99save £16.02 £124.14 ex. vat
£64.58 ex. vat
£80.99save £6.01 £62.48 ex. vat
£67.81 ex. vat
£54.99save £5.02 £41.64 ex. vat
|Chipset Type||Intel Z170|
|Product Type||Motherboard - ATX|
|Processor Socket||LGA1151 Socket|
|Max Processors Qty||1||
Expansion / Connectivity
|Expansion Slots||1 x CPU ¦ 4 x DIMM 288-pin ¦ 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 ¦ 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x8 mode) ¦ 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 mode) ¦ 3 x PCIe 3.0 x1|
|Storage Interfaces||SATA-600 -connectors: 8 x 7pin SATA, 2 x M.2, 3 x SATA Express port - RAID 0 / RAID 1 / RAID 10 / RAID 5|
|Interfaces||2 x LAN (Gigabit Ethernet) ¦ 1 x USB 3.1 ¦ 2 x HDMI ¦ 5 x USB 3.0 ¦ 1 x audio line-out - mini-jack ¦ 1 x audio line-in - mini-jack ¦ 1 x microphone - mini-jack ¦ 1 x USB-C ¦ 2 x DisplayPort|
|Internal Interfaces||4 x USB 2.0 - header ¦ 4 x USB 3.0 - header ¦ 1 x serial - header||
|Max Size||64 GB|
|Bus Clock||2133 MHz, 2800 MHz (O.C.), 2666 MHz (O.C.), 2400 MHz (O.C.), 3000 MHz (O.C.), 3200 MHz (O.C.), 3300 MHz (O.C.), 3400 MHz (O.C.), 3333 MHz (O.C.), 3466 MHz (O.C.), 3733 MHz (O.C.), 3600 MHz (O.C.), 3666 MHz (O.C.), 3866 MHz (O.C.)|
|Supported RAM Integrity Check||Non-ECC, ECC|
|Registered or Buffered||Unbuffered|
|Features||Dual channel memory architecture, Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP)||
|Type||HD Audio (8-channel)|
|Audio Codec||Creative Sound Core3D|
|Compliant Standards||High Definition Audio||
|Network Controller||Killer Gaming E2400 / Intel I219V|
|Network Interfaces||2 x Gigabit Ethernet||
|Hardware Features||NVIDIA SLI Technology Support, AMD CrossFireX technology support|
Gigabyte Intel Z170X GAMING 7 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard Ask an owner
Gigabyte Intel Z170X GAMING 7 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.