£94.98 inc. vat£105.48save £10.50
£79.15 ex. vat£87.90save £8.75
Click & Collect Unavailable
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
£96.96 inc. vat
£80.80 ex. vat
£71.24 inc. vat£88.98save £17.74
£59.36 ex. vat£74.15save £14.79
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition Computer Case With Side Window Product Description
The Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition is the next evolution in the widely popular Define Series. Packed with intelligently designed enthusiast-oriented features delivering a silent case with powerful and expansive air and liquid cooling support, presented in a stunning Scandinavian inspired construction.
The Define R5 Blackout Edition case reaches the highest level of silent computing through strategically placed dense sound-absorbing material, ModuVent™ fan vent covers and finely tuned all black Dynamic Series fans. The Define R5 Blackout Edition was designed with configurability in mind, accommodating up to 8 hard drives and all modern graphics card. Should you wish to expand your system with water cooling components or more fans the layout can easily be configured to meet your demand.
- Optimally designed for silent computing, while not compromising on airflow and cooling capabilities.
- Extensive water cooling support for a case of this size; housing radiators up to 420mm in the top and 360mm in the front.
- Equipped with new tool-less ModuVent™ fan slot covers allowing the user to install more fans if desired or keep fan slots covered to maximize sound absorption.
- Including two all-black Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans developed for superlative airflow while still maintaining low noise levels.
- Maintaining a dust-free interior with the help of dust filters that cover front and bottom air intakes that are easy to access from the front on the case.
- Newly configured front door with dual side mounting to better fit your work space
- Highlighting 2 dedicated SSD mounts cleanly placed behind the motherboard tray that feature innovative new brackets delivering a tool-free installation and removal
- The HDD cage system holds up to eight 3.5" or 2.5" drives and is more adaptable than ever, allowing the user to modify the case layout according to personal preference with more places to relocate the cages
- The ODD cage can easily be removed to gain additional interior space; the area can be freed up to allow for increased airflow, to provide a new place for HDD cage mounting or to make more room for water cooling components.
- Sturdy metal HDD trays provide excellent dampening features for the hard drives while providing better airflow through the cage with an updated, more open design
- The new and innovative Quick Release System on the left side of the case provides secure mounting of the left side panel, yet grants quick and easy access to the system.
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans.
- Define R5 Blackout edition is available with window side panel
- ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX motherboard compatibility
- 7 expansion slots
- 2 - 5.25" bays (removable)
- 8 - 3.5" HDD positions (can also accommodate 2.5" units); 2 - 2.5" dedicated SSD unit positions
- 4 - ModuVent™ plates - three in the top and one in the side
- 8 - fan positions (2 all-black Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans included)
- Filtered fan slots in the front and bottom
- CPU coolers up to 180mm in height
- ATX PSUs up to 190/170 mm with a bottom 120/140mm fan installed; when not using any bottom fan location longer PSUs up to 300mm can be used
- Graphics cards up to 310 mm in length with the top HDD cage installed; with the top cage removed, graphics cards up to 440 mm in length may be installed
- 20 - 35 mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate
- Velcro straps included for easy cable management
- Front door can switch opening direction via dual mounting system
- Left side panel features Quick Release System for easy access and provides a secure closure of side panel
- Right side panel features smart captive thumbscrews so no thumbscrews are lost
- Colours available: Black
- Case dimensions (WxHxD): 232 x 451 x 521mm
- Case dimensions - with feet/screws/protrusions: 232 x 462 x 531mm
- Net weight: 10.3 kg
- Package dimensions (WxHxD): 327 x 615 x 540mm
- Package weight: 12.2 kg
- Front: 2 - 120/140 mm fans (included is 1 all-black Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Rear: 1 - 120/140 mm fan (included is 1 all-black Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Top: 3 - 120/140 mm fan (not included)
- Bottom: 2 - 120/140 mm fan (not included)
- Fan controller: 3 step fan controller for up to 3 fans
- Dust filters: Bottom and front intakes
Water cooling compatibility
- Front - 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators of all thicknesses (requires removal of drive bays)
- Top - 420, 360, 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators. (A thickness limitation of 55mm for both radiator + fan applies on 420, 280 and 140 mm radiators) (420 and 360 mm radiators require removal of the ODD bay)
- Bottom - 120 or 240 mm radiator (Use of radiators in the bottom position limits the PSU length to 165 mm)
- Rear - 120 or 140 mm radiator
- 2 USB 3.0 + 2 USB 2.0
- Audio in/out
- Power button with LED (white)
- HDD activity LED (white)
- Reset button
Add-ons and Accessories
£36.75save £12.57 £20.15 ex. vat
£50.22save £7.46 £35.63 ex. vat
£85.24save £4.25 £67.49 ex. vat
£16.86 ex. vat
£14.28save £1.30 £10.81 ex. vat
£44.52save £1.54 £35.81 ex. vat
£61.98save £13.62 £40.30 ex. vat
|Cooling System||Front: 140 mm fan x 1 / 1000 rpm ¦ Front: 120/140 mm fan mount x 1 ¦ Rear: 140 mm fan x 1 / 1000 rpm ¦ Top: 120/140 mm fan mount x 3 ¦ Bottom: 120/140 mm fan mount x 2 ¦ Side: 120/140 mm fan mount x 1|
|Max Mainboard Size||ATX|
|Supported Motherboards||ATX, microATX, Mini-ATX|
|Internal Bays Qty||10|
|Front Accessible Bays Qty||2|
|CPU Cooler Max Height||180 mm|
|Video Card Max Length||440 mm|
|System Cabinet Features||Windowed side panel, front panel door, fan speed controller, front dust filter, cable management holes, ModuVent, bottom mounted PSU holder, bottom dust filter, removable ODD cage, water cooling ready||
Expansion / Connectivity
|Expansion Bays||2 (total) / 2 (free) x front accessible - 5.25" ¦ 8 (total) / 8 (free) x internal - 2.5" / 3.5" shared ¦ 2 (total) / 2 (free) x internal - 2.5"|
|Interfaces||2 x USB 2.0 ¦ 2 x USB 3.0 ¦ 1 x headphones - mini-jack ¦ 1 x microphone - mini-jack||
|Included Accessories||Accessory box||
|Power Device||No power supply||
Dimensions & Weight
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition Computer Case With Side Window Ask an owner
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition Computer Case With Side Window Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.