Free product available with this product until 31st Jan 2017
Buy and try! - Buy this printer and try it out for 30 days, if you are not satisfied with the printer then you can return to HP with the HP buy and try Programme.
to learn more
HP Scanjet 8270 Document Flatbed Scanner Product Description
Perform fast document scanning at up to 25 ppm - load up to 50 pages into the automatic document feeder for easy and reliable single or double-sided scanning. Get high quality image scanning too, including 35 mm slides and negatives.
The HP Scanjet 8270 Document Flatbed Scanner is designed for professional users in businesses of all sizes who need to digitise and process all kinds of business material - text, photos and even slides - using a high performance scanner.
Get fast document scanning and professional results for images and graphics.
- Easily scan documents at up to 25 pages per minute with a 50-page automatic document feeder. Get unattended scans of two-sided pages with a duplex-capable automatic document feeder. Adjust resolution to fit the job, from 150 dpi up to 4800 dpi for professional-quality images. Scan up to three 35 mm slides or four negatives with an adapter built into the mscanner's lid. Get instant scanner start-up and preview scans within four seconds, with patented HP technology.
Launch common tasks for increased productivity with one-touch function buttons.
- Get copies using a one-touch button that sends a scan directly to your default printer. Save time performing common tasks - such as scan to email or create PDF - with one-touch buttons. Fit books, 3-D objects and other large, bulky items under the adjustable lid. Connect quickly to a single PC via USB or using an optional SCSI module assembly accessory (not included). Convenient, landscape-oriented scanning fits easily onto a desk or shelf.
Ensure high quality results and easy integration into existing document management systems.
- Get instant compatibility with large scale document management systems using ISIS and TWAIN drivers. Easily store, organise and retrieve digital documents with ScanSoft PaperPort software. Convert scans into editable text with IRIS Readiris Pro OCR software. Edit and restore images - and ensure colour accuracy - with Adobe Photoshop Elements software. Compliant with Kofax VirtualReScan (not included) for high quality results first time, every time.
- Scanner Type - Flatbed, ADF, TMA
- Scan resolution Optical- Up to 4800 dpi
- Hardware- 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Enhanced- Up to 999,999 dpi
- Bit depth- 48-bit
- Greyscale- Levels 256
- Scaling- 10 to 2000% in 1% increments
- ADF speed- Up to 25 ppm
- Scan speed- 10 x 15 cm colour photo to Microsoft® Word: less than 25 sec; OCR: less than 33 sec; 10 x 15 cm colour photo to e-mail: less than 32 sec
- Preview Speed- Up to 4 sec
- ADF capacity- 50 sheets (75g/m²)
- Document size- ADF maximum: 216 x 356 mm
- Transparency Adapter- Built-in Transparent Materials Adapter (TMA); 3 x 35 mm framed slides or film strip with 4 images
- Control panel- 9 front-panel buttons: Cancel, Copy, Edit text (OCR), E-mail, File document, Power save, Scan document, Scan picture,configuration, 16-character LCD
- Scan file format- Windows: TIFF, TIFF Compressed, Bitmap, DCX, PCS, JPEG, GIF, FlaxhPix, Plain Text, PDF, HTML, Rich Text; Macintosh: TIFF,PICT, JPEG, GIF, FlashPix, Plain Text, PDF, HTML, Rich Text
- Photo enhancements- Adaptive Lighting Technology, Image Restoration, Dust & Scratch Removal, Red-eye Removal
- Software included- HP Photosmart software for Macintosh and Windows, ISIS/TWAIN (Windows only), Adobe Photoshop Elements, I.R.I.S. Readiris Pro OCR, ScanSoft PaperPort (Windows only), NewSoft Presto! PageManager (Mac only), Pixel QuickScan demo (Windows only)
- Operating systems compatibility- Windows 98, 98 SE, 2000, Me, XP Home, XP Professional; Mac OS X v 10.2, 10.3
- Minimum system requirements- For HP Photosmart software: Pentium II Celeron or compatible for Microsoft Windows 98, Me, 2000 XP, 64 MB RAM, 175, MB hard disk space, plus 50 MB for full-colour scanning, CD-ROM drive, USB port, IE 5.0 or later; for HP Precision Scan Pro: Pentium II Celeron or compatible for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, 32 MB RAM, 50 MB hard disk space for full-colour, scanning, CD-ROM drive, 800 x 600 SVGA monitor. Please note that in-box software may require higher minimum system requirements. Mac OS 9.1 or higher, OS X v 10.1.5, 10.2.3, 10.3 or higher; 233 MHz PowerPC processor; 64 MB RAM (Mac OS X: 128 MB RAM); 240 MB available hard disk space; 9800 x 600, 16-bit colour SVGA monitor; USB port; CD-ROM; HP Memories Disc Creator software requires CD-Writer and 700 MB additional hard disk space
- Interface and connectivity- Standard: Hi-Speed USB - compatible with USB 2.0 specifications Optional: SCSI module for the scanner
- Dimensions- (w x d x h) 574 x 399 x 196 mm
- Weight- 8.6 kg
- Operating environment- Operating temperature: 10 to 35º C; storage temperature: -40 to 70º C Operating humidity: 15 to 85% RH; storage humidity: 0 to 90% RH
- Power requirements- 100 to 240 VAC (+/-10%), 50/60 Hz (+/-3%); consumption: 80 watts maximum
||Document scanner - desktop
|Max Supported Document Size
||Legal (216 x 356 mm)
||English, German, French, Italian, Spanish / Europe
||8-bit (256 grey levels)
||4800 dpi x 4800 dpi
|Scan Element Type
|Control Panel Buttons Functions
||Scan, copy, email, file, edit text, power save, cancel
||1000 scans per day
|Scanner Speed Details
||28 sec/scan - photo - colour - 10x15cm ¦ 4 sec/scan - preview ¦ 36 sec/scan - OCR - Letter ¦ 25 ppm - Letter ¦ 5.5 ipm - duplex - Letter
|Max Document Size
||216 mm x 356 mm
|Supported Document Type
||Plain paper, slides, film
|Document Feeder Type
|Document Storage Capacity
Expansion / Connectivity
||1 x USB cable
||UL, TUV GS, BSMI, cUL, NOM, IEC 60950, CCC
|ENERGY STAR Qualified
||External power adapter
||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
|Power Consumption Operational (Standby)
Software / System Requirements
||Adobe PhotoShop Elements, Presto! PageManager, Readiris Pro, ScanSoft PaperPort, HP Photosmart Premier, HP Photosmart Essential
||Apple MacOS 9.1, Apple MacOS X 10.2, Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP, Apple MacOS X 10.3
|System Requirements Details
||Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP - Pentium II RAM 64 MB - HD 175 MB ( USB ) ¦ MacOS 9.1 or later - PowerPC - 233 MHz - RAM 64 MB - HD 240 MB ( USB ) ¦ MacOS X 10.1.5 or later - PowerPC - 233 MHz - RAM 128 MB - HD 240 MB ( USB )
Dimensions & Weight
|Min Operating Temperature
|Max Operating Temperature
|Humidity Range Operating
||15 - 80%
HP Scanjet 8270 Document Flatbed Scanner Ask an owner
HP Scanjet 8270 Document Flatbed Scanner Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
ShowHide terms and conditions
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.