What is the Batteries Directive?
- This directive sets out clear guidelines for the collection, treatment and recycling of waste industrial, automotive and portable batteries.
- All batteries are required to be labelled with the appropriate battery label.
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection.
How can I do my bit as a customer?
- If you were to place your waste batteries in the household waste, these batteries would not be recycled and would continue to pollute the environment. By participating in sending back your waste batteries, they can be treated and recycled in accordance with the directive.
- Both Ebuyer and its customers can assist in recycling batteries.
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle.
- Customers are not required to make a purchase from Ebuyer.com to be able to dispose of waste batteries.
- Ebuyer will undertake its responsibility as both a Producer and a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation.
- Please note: this service only applies to householders and not businesses.
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
- If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the Batteries Regulations.
- It means that you can return waste batteries to us under our distributor obligations policy free of charge.
How do I recycle my old batteries?
- When you have finished with a battery product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
- Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange for an envelope to be sent out to you. We will refund your postage costs, providing you send us a copy of the post office receipt
- Alternatively, you can send us an enote via your online account. This can be found under the enote title Batteries recycling.
- Please advise the address where you would like the envelope to be sent.
- Please advise the type and quantity of battery that is to be recycled.
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner.
Please be aware that we cannot accept waste batteries sent back via an unregistered waste carrier. If waste batteries are received back via an unregistered waste carrier, our warehouse will be instructed to reject them. Ebuyer (UK) Limited is registered as a producer under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Legislation (2006/66/EC) with registration Number: BPRN00403.