Office 365 Home Premium now lets subscribers share their subscription benefits - with up to four household members, increasing the subscription value for the whole household.
The four household members receive:
- +20GB SkyDrive online storage each so they can access their Office documents from virtually anywhere.
- Ability to install Office on their own devices - up to the limit of 5 for PCs/Macs and 5 select mobile devices for the household.
How does it work?
Let's look at an example. Meet Jill and her daughter, Janie. Jill decided to purchase the Office 365 Home Premium subscription for their two computers because she and Janie are particularly keen on getting all the Office applications and accessing their documents from virtually anywhere, across all the devices in their household.
Jill is the subscriber - she's the one who activated the Office 365 Home Premium subscription. She wants to share some of her benefits with Janie because it gives her household more value and it gives her more flexibility with managing installs.
To share benefits, Jill simply signs in to office.com/myaccount and clicks to 'Add User'. Jill enters Janie's email address to send her invitation.
Janie follows the link in the email invite and signs in to office.com/myaccount with her own Microsoft account in order to accept the shared benefits.
There's what the shared benefits mean to her:
- She gets to install Office on the shared Windows 7 desktop, her Windows 8 laptop and iPhone.
- She now has her own +20GB of SkyDrive for her school projects, music and pictures so she knows that even if she leaves something at home she can access it from virtually anywhere.
Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium - 1 Year Subscription
- 32 / 64-bit compatibility
- 1 user licence for 5 devices
- 1 year medialess subscription
- Compatible with Windows 7 or later