The latest legislation from HMRC: Real Time Information
What is RTI?
Real Time Information is a new system that HMRC is introducing to improve the operation of PAYE. PAYE information will be collected more regularly and more efficiently as employers submit their regular payroll submissions, rather than with their end-of-year tax return.
- • RTI will become mandatory for all companies with less than 250 employees from April 2013
- • Will be become mandatory for all companies from October 2013
How can Sage help you?
Sage Payroll software is RTI-ready now and can help you get prepared in plenty of time to ensure you remain compliant with HMRC legislation.
As the UK's number one payroll provider, over 485,000 employers in the UK choose Sage Payroll software to pay over 7.5 million employees.
- You can count on easy-to-use Sage Payroll software to:
- • Save you time with automatic calculations
- • Keep you up to date with the latest legislation
- • Accurately pay employees and HMRC electronically
Great, in that case, so long as you have a valid SageCover support contract you can be confident that you'll be RTI compliant.
It's really important to prepare for new legislation changes. Take a look at our preparation success checklist to ensure you're fully prepared.How do you currently process your payroll?
- If you currently use HMRC's free online return and forms PAYE service you will need to consider how you submit RTI as this service will not be RTI-ready.
- Has your payroll software provider let your know if your software is RTI-ready? It's essential that you make sure you're using a product that lets you stay legally compliant.
- RTI could mean an increase in the cost of outsourced payroll processing.Sage payroll can cost as little as 50p per employee, per month.