Now is a great
time to move to the
Windows XP support has now ended.
After April 8, 2014, there will be no new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates.
Find the right Windows PC for your lifestyle and your price.
Do the things you love to do faster
It's familiar made better
From the Start screen, you are just a click away from the familiar Windows desktop you know and love so you can work the same familiar way. Or explore the Start screen and personalize your favorite apps and background color.
It's easy to get around
If you don't have a touchscreen, you can still use a mouse and keyboard to work on your Windows desktop. And the new things you do with touch, like using apps from the Windows Store and getting around on your Start screen, can also be done with a mouse and keyboard.
It works with what you have
Use your programs the way you always have. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and browsing the web still work the way you're used to. Your PC or tablet will also still work with most printers, cameras and software.
Windows Defender and Windows SmartScreen can help guard your PC against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software in real time. Family Safety gives your kids some independence while still keeping tabs on them.
Search made simple
With Bing Smart Search you can search not only the Web, but also your tablet or PC and your apps.
Do more at once with a snap
Multi-task better than ever by snapping your apps side-by-side. Now you can watch a movie, keep an eye on Twitter and surf the internet - all on the same screen.
Exclusive and popular apps
Download great apps like ESPN, CNN, and Netflix from the Windows Store. Apps for email and photo and video editing are included.
Compare Windows XP to Windows 8.1
|Benefits||Windows XP||Windows 8.1|
|The familiar desktop||X||X|
|Works with a mouse and keyboard||X||X|
|Works with Word, Excel, Outlook, and other familiar programs||X||X|
|Enhanced search capabilities||X|
|Faster startup times||X|
|Built for touch PCs and tablets||X|
|Apps from the Windows Store||X|
|Mail, People, and other built-in apps||X|
|Keep your settings and apps on all your PCs and devices||X|
|Bing smart search to find things across the web, apps, and your PC||X|
|Start screen with live updates||X|
View some of our Windows hardware in action...
- - Experience superior comfort with Microsoft keyboards and mice.
- - Stay healthy. Microsoft’s keyboards and mice are ergonomically designed to help prevent fatigue, alleviate pain, and reduce the risk of injury. They have been designed, tested, and approved by a certified Ergonomist.
- - Microsoft products are documented to reduce muscle strain, improve wrist posture, and reduce the risk of injury.
- - Microsoft’s flagship Natural Ergonomic Keyboard, has earned the spot as the #1 best-selling ergonomic keyboard design of all time, outselling all other brands of ergonomic keyboards 3-to-1.
- - 94% of Comfort Curve Keyboard customers surveyed said that they’d recommend the product to a friend.