£ 159.05 inc. vat
£ 132.54 ex. vat
Click & Collect Unavailable
(14.9% APR) representative
Quantum DLTtape VS1 160-320GB Backup Media Tape
- High performance 160GB native and up to 320GB compressed
- Increased cartridge reliability
- DLTtape VS1 media can be used in the DLT VS160 and the DLT-V4 tape drives
Mfr part code: MR-V1MQN-01
Customers Also Viewed
Quantum DLTtape VS1 160-320GB Backup Media Tape Product Description
DLTtape VS1 is the media used on the DLT VS160 and DLT-V4 tape drives. Quantum DLTtape VS1 media exceeds expectations by using the latest magnetic and mechanical innovation to deliver high capacity and a low cost per gigabyte (GB). DLTtape VS1 media boasts a capacity of up to 160GB native and 320GB compressed - so customers can focus on protecting their data rather than managing more tapes. DLTtape VS1 media, can be used with DLT VS160 and DLT-V4 tape drives, providing a flexible solution for either high-performance or value-level server platforms. This outstanding versatility makes DLTtape VS1 the quality choice for many applications - from desktop to data center.
In order to meet the higher capacity and performance of the DLT VS160 and DLT-V4 tape drives, Quantum developed DLTtape VS1 media. DLTtape VS1 uses the latest technology in media formulation and design, to deliver advances in three key areas:
- Media surface
- Magnetic layer thickness
- Cartridge reliability
- High performance - 160GB native and up to 320GB compressed
- Increased cartridge reliability - The innovative take-up leader design provides reliable tape path threading
- Compatibility - DLTtape VS1 media can be used in the DLT VS160 and the DLT-V4 tape drives, providing the value proposition you have come to expect from DLT technology
Media surface characteristics are critical to high capacity recording. The DLTtape VS1 media is engineered to minimize variation in the media surface allowing for shorter wavelength recording and less spacing loss.
Magnetic Layer Thickness
As capacities increase thinner magnetic layers are required. The magnetic layer of the DLTtape VS1 media has been reduced by 50% (compared to lower capacity media) in order to accommodate 160GB (native) of recording capacity.
Quantum has built upon experience to develop a robust cartridge design and deliver the reliability DLT® customers have come to expect.
The DLTtape VS1 mechanical cartridge design provides:
- Accurate tape reel positioning which ensures load/unload reliability
- Stable tape movement and reliable leader engagement through a
robust hub and take-up leader
- A new Write Protect switch for better visibility, minimizing the
- potential for human error
Continuing to build on DLT cartridge technology, Quantum developed a new media specifically targeted to meet the needs of the DLT VS160 drive. The DLTtape VS1 media provides customers with the confidence their mission critical data is protected with the reliability they have come to count on from DLT technology.
|Tape Cartridge||DLTtape VS1|
|Media Included Qty||1||
|Native Capacity||160 GB|
|Compressed Capacity||320 GB|
|Tape Length||557.2 m|
|Tape Record Formats||DLT-V4, DLT-VS160|
|Archival Life||30 years|
|Removable Media Details||DLT-V4 - 160 GB (native) / 320 GB (compressed) ¦ DLT-VS160 - 80 GB (native) / 160 GB (compressed)|
|Features||Advanced metal particle (AMP)||
|Service & Support||Limited lifetime warranty||
|Min Operating Temperature||10 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||40 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||20 - 80%|
|Min Storage Temperature||16 °C|
|Max Storage Temperature||32 °C|
|Humidity Range Storage||20 - 80%||
|Designed For||Quantum DLT Rack1, VS160 ¦ Quantum DLT-V4|
Quantum DLTtape VS1 160-320GB Backup Media Tape Ask an owner
Quantum DLTtape VS1 160-320GB Backup Media Tape Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.