£ 62.99 inc. vat
£ 52.49 ex. vat
Click & Collect Unavailable
Sony AIT-2 50 / 130GB Backup Media Tape
- Intelligently engineered to stand apart
- 50GB Native Capacity
- 130GB Compressed Capacity
- MIC chip
- Pure metal magnetic layer
Mfr part code: SDX250CN
Customers Also Viewed
Sony AIT-2 50 / 130GB Backup Media Tape Product Description
You work hard to collect or create critical data and files. Why not let your storage system work hard for you? The MIC chip brain stores directory information so it can go right to the data you need. Other formats have to search for your file, wasting valuable time and needless wear. Application software from The AIT Forum members gives you even more advantages for intelligent storage solutions.
Forget about slow tapes that wear out. Not only is the AIT magnetic layer pure metal (instead of a metallic oxide) but it's protected by patented technology on both the front and back. Sony's Diamond Like Carbon coating is 20 times harder than oxide, and so smooth that head wear and cleaning requirements are minimized.
Sony's AIT cartridges will still be here, thanks to their 30-year archival life. If you plan on upgrades before then, Sony is committed to supporting future evolution of this powerful format. Don't trust your data to a dead-end format - choose AIT.
- High storage capacity of up to 130GB compressed data (50GB native)
- 6MB/sec sustained native transfer rate using Helical Scan technology
- Proven reliability and durability with a 30 year media life thanks to AME technology (Advanced Metal Evaporated)
- Quick access provided by AIT's unique Memory-In-Cassette (MIC) incorporated into the cartridge
- Clear future Roadmap already committed up to AIT6 with a 800GB native capacity
- Available in Write-Once Read-Many (WORM) format to protect valuable data against accidental erasure and prevent alteration of archived data files
- Cleaning Tape: SDX1-CL
|Media Included Qty||1||
|Designed For||Sony AIT e200/S, e390/S, i200STS, i390/S ¦ Sony AIT Library LIB 81/A2 ¦ Sony SDX-500C, 500C/BM, 500C/R, 500C/WM, 700C, 700C/R||
|Native Capacity||50 GB|
|Compressed Capacity||130 GB|
|Tape Length||230 m|
|Features||Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) surface, Memory in Cassette (MIC), Advanced Metal Evaporated (AME)||
|Min Operating Temperature||5 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||45 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||20 - 80%|
|Min Storage Temperature||5 °C|
|Max Storage Temperature||32 °C|
Sony AIT-2 50 / 130GB Backup Media Tape Ask an owner
Sony AIT-2 50 / 130GB Backup Media Tape Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.