£ 14.99 inc. vat
£12.49 ex. vat
Click & Collect Available
D-Link DES-108 - 8-port 10/100 Metal Switch
- Metal Housing
- 8 Ports
Mfr part code: DES-108/B
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
D-Link DES-108 - 8-port 10/100 Metal Switch Product Description
8-Port Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Desktop Switch DES-108
The DES-108 8-Port Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Desktop Switch is an 8-port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet switch that allows you to quickly set up a wired network. Connect the DES-108 to multiple computers together to share files and folders, or connect it to a router to share an Internet connection.
Auto-Sensing 10/100 Ports
The DES-108 uses auto-sensing 10/100 Mbps ports, allowing a small workgroup to flexibly connect to Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices to create an integrated network. These ports detect the network speed and auto-negotiate between 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, as well as between full and half-duplex, allowing you to get the maximum speed possible for each device connected to your network.
Auto MDI/MDIX Crossover
All of the ports on the DES-108 support automatic MDI/MDIX crossover, eliminating the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables. In addition, the DES-108 features multiple front, easy-to-access Ethernet ports with two colour LED indicators per port to easily distinguish link status.
Flow Control for Secure Transmission
When a port reaches its receiving buffer capacity, the 802.3x flow control feature activates to minimize dropped packets. By minimizing the number of dropped packets, the switch provides a more reliable connection for all of your connected devices while surfing the web, playing games, or accessing media.
The DES-108 is a plug-and-play networking switch that offers D-Link's Green Technology to save energy and reduce heat, which in turn extends product life without sacrificing performance or functionality. The switch supports IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which detects when a connected computer is shut down or when there is no Ethernet traffic, in which the switch will proceed to power down the idle port, saving a substantial amount of power.
- Inexpensive Fast Ethernet solution for Home/SOHO
- Eight 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet ports
- Auto MDI/MDIX crossover for all ports
- Store-and-forward switching scheme
- Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Jumbo Frames:
- 1536 Bytes
- Supports 802.1p QoS
- 2 Queues, WRR Mode
- RoHS compliant
- Plug-and-play installation
- 1.6 Gbps
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
Data Transfer Rates
- 10 Mbps (half duplex)
- 20 Mbps (full duplex)
- Fast Ethernet:
- 100 Mbps (half duplex)
- 200 Mbps (full duplex)
Media Interface Exchange
- Auto MDI/MDIX adjustment for all ports
- UTP CAT 3/4/5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- Per port:
- Per device:
MAC Address Table
MAC Address Learning
- Automatic update
Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates
- Ethernet: 14,880 pps per port
- Fast Ethernet: 148,800 pps per port
- 768 KBytes per device
- External 5 V/1 A Level "V" Power Adapter
Expansion / Connectivity
|Interfaces||8 x 100Base-TX RJ-45||
|Device Type||Switch - 8 ports|
|Ports||8 x 10/100|
|Features||Auto-negotiation, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X)|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.3x|
D-Link DES-108 - 8-port 10/100 Metal Switch Ask an owner
D-Link DES-108 - 8-port 10/100 Metal Switch Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.