£ 31.19 inc. vat
£ 25.99 ex. vat
Click & Collect Unavailable
2S1P PCI Express Serial Parallel Combo Card with Breakout Cable
- Native single-chip design reduces CPU load for improved performance and reliability...
- Break-out cable design with low and standard profile brackets offers a versatile,...
Mfr part code: PEX2S1P553B
2S1P PCI Express Serial Parallel Combo Card with Breakout Cable Product Description
The PEX2S1P553B 2S1P PCI Express Serial Parallel Combo Card with Breakout Cable combines the functionality of Parallel and Serial cards, adding 2 RS232 serial ports and 1 parallel port through a single PCI Express (PCIe) slot.
Suitable for almost any computer, the card offers a low profile/half-height design and includes an optional full-height bracket. The included break-out cable uses a single connector on the card to deliver 3 ports, avoiding crowded connections that can occur with fixed/static ports. Compatible with a broad range of operating systems including DOS, Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2/Vista/XP/Server 2003/2000/98SE (32/64 bit), Linux and Mac OS X.
The card also features a native single-chip design that provides improved speed and reliability while reducing the CPU load by as much as 48% over conventional (bridge chip) cards.
This product is a replacement for our PEX2S1P552B card.
Backed by a StarTech.com Lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support. The StarTech.com Advantage
- Break-out cable design with low and standard profile brackets offers a versatile, single slot solution for adding 3 additional ports (2 serial, 1 parallel) to almost any system, including space-sensitive embedded applications
- Native single-chip design reduces CPU load for improved performance and reliability
- Broad Operating System support, including 64-bit Windows systems, for easy integration into mixed environments
Expansion / Connectivity
|Interfaces||1 x IEEE 1284 (EPP/ECP) - 25 pin D-Sub (DB-25) (on cable) ¦ 2 x RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) (on cable)|
|Compatible Slots||1 x PCI Express x1 - low-profile||
|Device Type||Parallel/serial adapter - 2 ports|
|Form Factor||Plug-in card - low profile|
|Interface (Bus) Type||PCI Express x1||
|Service & Support||Limited warranty - lifetime|
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - lifetime||
|Cables Included||1 x serial / parallel cable (external)|
|Included Accessories||Full-height bracket|
|Compliant Standards||WHQL, RoHS||
|Data Link Protocol||RS-232|
|Auxiliary Ports||1 x parallel port||
Software / System Requirements
|OS Required||Microsoft DOS, Linux, Microsoft Windows 95/98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Apple MacOS X 10.4 or later, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7||
Dimensions & Weight
|Min Operating Temperature||0 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||70 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||5 - 85%|
2S1P PCI Express Serial Parallel Combo Card with Breakout Cable Ask an owner
2S1P PCI Express Serial Parallel Combo Card with Breakout Cable Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.