£ 208.98 inc. vat
£174.15 ex. vat
Click & Collect Unavailable
(14.9% APR) representative
D-Link xStack DES-3200-28 Managed Switch Product Description
The DES-3200 series supports 802.1x port-based/MAC-based Access Control,Guest VLAN,and RADIUS and TACAS+ Authentication for strict access control over the network. The IP-MAC-Port Binding feature allows administrators to bind a source IP address with an associated MAC for a defined port number to enhance user access control. Furthermore with the DHCP snooping feature,the switch automatically understands the IP/MAC pairs by snooping DHCP packets and saving them to the IMPB white list. These features play a significant role in keeping the network secure and auditable. The built-in D-Link Safeguard Engine identifies and prioritizes "CPU interested" packets to prevent malicious traffic from interrupting normal network flows and protects switch operation. In addition,the Access Control List (ACL) feature enhances the network security and switch performance.
For mission critical environments the DES-3200 series supports Spanning Tree Protocols (STP). STP allows you to configure the switch with a redundant backup bridge path,so transmission and reception of packets can be guaranteed in event of any failed switch on the network. The switches also support 802.3ad Link Aggregation,which enables you to group multiple ports in parallel to form a single port,increasing bandwidth and redundancy for higher availability. For Quality of Service (QoS),the switches support 802.1p. This standard is a mechanism that allows real-time traffic classification into 8 priority levels mapped to 4 queues. Packet classification is based on TOS,DSCP,MAC addresses,IP addresses,VLAN ID,TCP/UDP port number,protocol type and user defined packet content,which enables flexible configuration especially for real-time streaming multimedia applications such as voice over IP.
Traffic and bandwidth control
The bandwidth control feature allows network administrators to define the throughput levels for each port to manage bandwidth. It also provides fine granularity to define the ingress/egress traffic limits down to 62.5kbps segments. The switches also support the Broadcast Storm Control feature,which minimizes the chances of a virus attack within the network. Port Mirroring helps administrators facilitate traffic diagnostics or track switch performance and alter if it is necessary. Q-in-Q also known as VLAN stacking is a powerful yet simple and cost-effective solution which can be used to provide multiple virtual connections and access to multiple services available over the Metro-Ethernet.
The DES-3200 series provides IGMP snooping to prune multicast traffic and to optimize network performance. The MLD snooping feature minimizes multicast IPv6 packets at the port level to conserve network bandwidth.
The DES-3200 series supports standard management protocols. A web-based GUI is also supported for user-friendly interface and easy management. DHCP auto-configuration is an enhanced management feature that allows administrators to pre-set configuration and save them to a TFTP server. Individual switches can then get IP addresses from the server for booting up and loading the pre-set configuration. The Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) allows a network device to advertise its identity and capabilities on the local network,which helps businesses better manage their network topology. Each port on the switches also supports the Cable Diagnostics feature that helps detect cable related problems such as cable length status or cable functionality. D-Link Single IP Management (SIM) simplifies and speeds up management tasks,allowing multiple switches to be configured,monitored and maintained from any workstation running a web browser through one unique IP address.
- Product Description: D-Link xStack DES-3200-28 - switch - 24 ports - Managed - desktop
- Device Type: Switch - 24 ports - Managed - stackable
- Enclosure Type: Desktop 1U
- Subtype: Fast Ethernet Ports 24 x 10/ 100 + 4 x combo Gigabit SFP
- MAC Address Table Size: 8K entries
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, TFTP, SSH-2
- Features: Flow control, Layer 2 switching, DHCP support, BOOTP support, ARP support, trunking, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Syslog support, traffic shaping, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, manageable, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, SNTP support, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, tunnelling, DHCP snooping, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support, MLD snooping, Safeguard Engine
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.1v, IEEE 802.1ag
- Power: AC 120/ 230 V ( 50/ 60 Hz )
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 44.1 cm x 20.7 cm x 4.4 cm
Add-ons and Accessories
Xenta Cat 5 Cables
£3.33 ex. vat
£4.16 ex. vat
£10.82 ex. vat
Xenta Cat 6 Cables
£3.33 ex. vat
£4.98save £0.99 £3.32 ex. vat
£5.81 ex. vat
£8.31 ex. vat
Belkin Cat 5 Cables
£13.32 ex. vat
Belkin Cat 6 Cables
£10.10 ex. vat
|Enclosure Type||Desktop 1U|
|RAM||128 MB SDRAM|
|Status Indicators||Port transmission speed, power, link/activity|
|Device Type||Switch - 24 ports - Managed - stackable|
|Ports||24 x 10/100 + 4 x combo Gigabit SFP|
|MAC Address Table Size||8K entries|
|Max Units In A Stack||32|
|Remote Management Protocol||SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, TFTP, SSH-2|
|Encryption Algorithm||SSL, SSL 3.0, SSL 2.0|
|Authentication Method||RADIUS, TACACS+, Secure Shell v.2 (SSH2)|
|Features||Flow control, Layer 2 switching, DHCP support, BOOTP support, ARP support, trunking, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Syslog support, traffic shaping, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, manageable, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, SNTP support, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, tunnelling, DHCP snooping, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support, MLD snooping, Safeguard Engine|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.1v, IEEE 802.1ag|
|Flash Memory||16 MB Flash||
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)|
|Power Device||Internal power supply|
|Power Consumption Operational||18.4 Watt||
Expansion / Connectivity
|Interfaces||24 x 100Base-TX RJ-45 ¦ 4 x 1000Base-T RJ-45 ¦ 1 x serial (RS-232) DB-9 management ¦ 4 x SFP (mini-GBIC)||
|Compliant Standards||FCC Class A certified, UL, cUL, VCCI Class A ITE, CB, IC||
Dimensions & Weight
|Min Operating Temperature||0 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||40 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||3 - 95%|
D-Link xStack DES-3200-28 Managed Switch Ask an owner
D-Link xStack DES-3200-28 Managed Switch Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.