£ 59.52 inc. vat
£ 49.60 ex. vat
Click & Collect Unavailable
StarTech Universal Docking Station For Hard Drives USB 3.0 With UASP
- Data Transfer Rate 5 Gbps
- USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s
- SATA III (6 Gbps)
- 2.5in & 3.5in
Mfr part code: UNIDOCKU33
Customers Also Viewed
£ 56.99 inc. vat
£ 47.49 ex. vat
StarTech Universal Docking Station For Hard Drives USB 3.0 With UASP Product Description
The UNIDOCKU33 USB 3.0 Universal HDD / SSD Dock enables you to instantly access your 2.5 or 3.5in IDE and SATA hard drives through two top loading drive slots, saving you the hassle of mounting the drives into a computer or external enclosure or tray.
Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this hard drive docking station lets you get the most out of the fastest drive technologies such as SATA III (6 Gbps), solid state drives (SSD) and hybrid, drives with performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The slot-loading design holds the SATA and IDE drives upright inside the docks, neatly keeping them off the desk, for convenience and a clutter-free setup. For SATA drives, the HDD can be inserted and connected directly through the designated dock slot, while the IDE drive slot is conveniently positioned near the rear panel 40-pin data and LP4 power connections, making it easy to connect to the dock using the included IDE data and power cables.
A single USB 3.0 connection to your host computer, enables access to both the IDE & SATA hard drives simultaneously - a convenient solution for migrating data from an IDE drive to a SATA drive or vice versa. The dock can also be used to greatly increase the storage and backup capabilities of your computer system with support for high capacity drives (tested with up to 6TB 3.5" and 2TB 2.5" drives).
The UNIDOCKU33 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Maximum versatility with support for SATA & IDE as well as 2.5in and 3.5in HDDs & SSDs
- Optimal performance with support for SATA III & UASP
- Hassle-free operation with upright slot-loading SATA and IDE drive bays
- Compatible with USB 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1 (5 Gbps / 480 Mbps / 1.5 Mbps)
- Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Compatible with PATA (IDE) 66/100/133 MBps hard drives
- Supports 2.5" or 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD)
- Compact, desktop-style form factor
- Plug-and-Play and hot-swap compatible
- Patented drive ejection mechanism for SATA drives
- Combined power switch and status LED for each drive
- Warranty 2 Years
- Chipset ID JMicron - JMS561U, JMD330
- Compatible Drive Types (Type and Rate) SATA & IDE
- Drive Installation Removable
- Drive Size 2.5in & 3.5in
- Fan(s) No
- Interface USB 3.0
- Number of Drives 2
- Insertion Rating 15,000 Cycles (SATA)
- Max Drive Capacity Currently tested with up to 6TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives and 2TB 5400 RPM 2.5" hard drive
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate 5 Gbps
- MTBF 30000 hours
- RAID No
- Type and Rate USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s
- SATA III (6 Gbps)
- UASP Support Yes
- Drive Connectors 1 - IDE (40 Pin; EIDE/PATA) Male
- 1 - LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Male
- 1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle
- Host Connectors 1 - USB 3.0 B (9 pin; SuperSpeed) Female
- Color Black
- Enclosure Type Plastic
- Product Height 70 mm [2.8 in]
- Product Length 147 mm [5.8 in]
- Product Weight 512 g [18.1 oz]
- Product Width 130 mm [5.1 in]
- LED Indicators 2 - Power and Drive Activity
- Center Tip Polarity Positive
- Input Current 1.3 A
- Input Voltage 110 ~ 240 AC
- Output Current 3 A
- Output Voltage 12 DC
- Plug Type M
- Power Source AC Adapter Included
|Service & Support||Limited warranty - 2 years|
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - 2 years||
Expansion / Connectivity
|Interfaces||1 x SATA 6Gb/s - 22 pin Serial ATA (internal (bay1)) ¦ 1 x ATA-133 - 40 PIN IDC (rear)|
|Bays||1 x hot-swap - 2.5" / 3.5" shared ¦ 1 x top accessible - 2.5" / 3.5" shared|
|Connections||1 x USB 3.0 - 9 pin USB Type B||
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbit/s|
|Supported Devices||Hard drive, solid state drive|
|Max Storage Devices Qty||2|
|Processor||JMicron JMS561U / JMD330|
|Interface||ATA / SATA 6Gb/s||
|Device Type||Storage controller - external|
|Hard Drive Form Factor Compatibility||2.5", 3.5"|
|Host Bus||USB 3.0|
|Cables Included||1 x USB 3.0 cable - external ¦ 2 x IDE cable - external|
|Features||LED indicator, tested with up to 1TB 5400 RPM 2.5 hard drives, tested with up to 6TB 7200 RPM hard drives, UASP transfer protocol|
|Compliant Standards||Plug and Play, FCC, RoHS||
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V||
Software / System Requirements
|OS Required||Linux, Apple MacOS X 10.6, Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows XP (32/64 bits), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bits), Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bits), Google Chrome OS, Apple MacOS X 10.7 Lion, Windows 8 (32/64 bits), Apple MacOS X 10.8, Windows 8.1 (32/64 bits), Apple MacOS X 10.9||
Dimensions & Weight
|Min Operating Temperature||5 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||80 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||8 - 90%|
StarTech Universal Docking Station For Hard Drives USB 3.0 With UASP Ask an owner
StarTech Universal Docking Station For Hard Drives USB 3.0 With UASP Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.