£ 282.99 inc. vat
£235.82 ex. vat
Click & Collect Unavailable
(14.9% APR) representative
MSI Intel X299 TOMAHAWK Gaming Motherboard
- Supports New Intel Core X-series Processors
- LGA 2066 socket
- Max. Memory Capacity 128GB (8x16GB)
- Mystic Light
Mfr part code: X299 TOMAHAWK
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
MSI Intel X299 TOMAHAWK Gaming Motherboard Product Description
- Supports New Intel® Core™ X-series Processor Family for LGA 2066 socket.
- Supports DDR4-4266+(OC) Memory.
- M.2 SHIELD FROZR: Strengthened built-in M.2 thermal solution. Keeps M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
- Designed for Extreme Performance: TURBO SOCKET with GAME BOOST, DIGITALL POWER Design
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TWIN TURBO M.2 with M.2 Shield FROZR and Intel Optane Memory Ready, Turbo U.2, LIGHTNING USB 3.1 GEN2
- GAMING LAN with LAN Protect, powered by Intel® : The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management
- AUDIO BOOST 4 with NAHIMIC 2+: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 3-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & 3-Way AMD Crossfire™
- SYSTEM SAVER: 3 easy to use options to successfully boot your system again.
- VR READY and VR BOOST: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness. Supports Nahimic VR & TriDef VR.
- DDR4 Boost: Fully isolated, shielded and optimized DDR4 PCB design to give your DDR4 memory a performance boost.
- In-Game Weapons: GAME BOOST, GAMING HOTKEY, X-BOOST, XSPLIT GAMECASTER, APP MANAGER
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
- WHQL certified for Windows 10
Mystic Light: Personalize Your Gaming Rig
Customize and set up your own colour scheme with RGB Mystic Light. Select any of the colours from the palette using your smartphone or the MSI Gaming App to match your system style. Bored of the same colours? Simply change the complete look of your system in 1 second!
• Remote control.
• Mystic Light sync.
Cooling: Stay Cool While Gaming
Cooling your PC is essential for reliable performance. We've made sure to include enough fan headers with full control to allow you to cool your system any way you want.
• 6x fan headers.
• DC/PWM mode.
• Full fan control.
• Watercooling ready.
Gaming Features: Your In-Game Advantage
Outsmart and outperform your opponents in-game using an array of unique MSI GAMING tools. Clever hardware & software tools, created to keep you one step ahead of the competition and boost your skills.
• Gaming Hotkey.
• Gaming Device Port.
• Game Boost.
Storage: Be The First On The Battlefield
This MSI GAMING motherboard supports all the latest storage standards. This allows you to connect any ultra-fast storage device, giving you in-game benefits. Start games faster, load levels faster and have a real advantage over your enemies.
• M.2 SHIELD FROZR.
• 2x M.2.
• U.2 ready.
• Ultra-fast storage caching.
Virtual & Mixed Reality: Immerse Yourself into Virtual Worlds
Integrating the very best of cutting edge technologies on MSI hardware provides a smooth VR ride. Through joint efforts with major VR brands, combined with unique MSI features geared to VR, MSI brings gamers and VR professionals a vivid and realistic experience in which content truly comes alive.
• VR accelerator chip.
• One click VR.
Audio: Sound That Pulls You into The Game
Get the most immersive sound experience when gaming. MSI Audio Boost delivers the highest sound quality through the use of premium quality audio components. This lets you enjoy breath-taking, game-changing sound to create the most exciting gameplay.
• Nahimic 2.
• Audio Boost 4.
• Audio amplifier.
• Audio capacitors.
Gaming LAN: Dominate The Game with The Lowest Latency
Get ready to crush your enemies on the battlefield with MSI GAMING LAN. Featuring the highest quality components tuned to deliver the best online gaming experience without lag.
• Intel® gaming LAN.
• Bandwidth management.
• LAN protect.
Memory: Unmatched Memory Performance
MSI motherboards are crammed with features to fuel your gaming rig's memory with more speed, higher overclockability and increased stability.
• Optimal layout.
• 100% compatibility.
• XMP LED.
Extreme Performance: Designed for Overclocking
Combining industries best components with MSI's top notch R&D design, you can count on this motherboard to deliver world class performance. System tuning and troubleshooting tools are at your disposal to push your system to new heights.
• 10 Phase Power Design.
• For power users.
USB: Maximize Your USB Device Performance
Transfer your favourite games, music and movies over USB faster than ever. MSI offers a wide variety of options to connect and boost your USB 3.1 devices, delivering lightning-fast transfer speeds up to 10Gb/s!
• Double bandwidth USB 3.1.
• Reversible Type-C connector.
• Front USB 3.1.
• Boost your USB.
Software: Apps to Help You Win
With years of experience in creating performance enhancing tools that are easy to use, only the highest quality applications are at your disposal. Use these tools to get the most out of your motherboard and achieve victory when gaming.
• Command Center.
• Live Update.
Quality & Protection: Built On Everlasting Quality
Using only the finest quality components and integrating the latest technological innovations delivers the best possible gaming and professional experience. Rigorous quality testing under the most extreme conditions ensures a super reliable, high performance motherboard.
• M.2 SHIELD FROZR.
• Steel Armour.
• Military Class 6.
• Gaming Certified.
BIOS: A Gamers' BIOS
We made sure our BIOS contains all the latest options and is easy to use for everyone. The extensive features let you fine-tune your system to deliver reliable maximum performance when gaming.
• Easy/advanced mode.
• Convenient search.
• Hardware monitor.
• System saver.
• Supports Intel® Core™ X-Series Processor Family for LGA2066 Socket
* This function will be supported depend on the CPU.
• Intel® X299 Chipset
• 8 x DDR4 memory slots, support up to 128GB*
- X-series processor support DDR4 4266+(OC)/ 4133(OC)/ 4000(OC)/ 3866 (OC)/ 3733(OC)/ 3600(OC)/ 3466(OC)/ 3400(OC)/ 3333(OC)/ 3300(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 3000(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 MHz*
• Quad channel memory architecture with the CPU that supports up to 4-channels DDR4**
• Dual channel memory architecture with the CPU that supports up to 2-channels DDR4**
• Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* For the latest information about memory, please visit http://www.msi.com
** Please refer the DIMM Slots section for more details.
• 4 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots
- Support x16/ x4*/ x16/ x8 mode with the 44-lane CPU.
- Support x16/ x4*/ x8/ x4 modes with the 28-lane CPU.
- Support x8/ x4*/ x8/ x0, x8/ x4*/ x4/ x4 modes with the 16-lane CPU.
• 2 x PCIe 3.0 x1 slots
* The PCI_E3 lanes are supported by PCH.
• Supports 3-Way AMD® CrossFire™ Technology
• Supports 3-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
• Intel® X299 Chipset
• 8 x SATA 6Gb/s ports*
• 2 x M.2 slots (Key M)*
- Supports up to PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s
- M2_1 slot supports 2242/ 2260 /2280 storage devices
- M2_2 slot supports 2242/ 2260 /2280/ 22110 storage devices
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready**
• 1 x U.2 port *
- Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe storage
• Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology***
* PCI_E3 slot, M.2 slots, U.2 port and SATA ports share the same bandwidth. Please refer to manual for PCI_E3/ U.2/ M.2/ SATA Combination table .
• Intel® X299 Chipset
• Supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices
• Supports RAID 0 and RAID 1 for M.2 storage devices*
* M.2 PCIe RAID volume can be created with M.2/Optane Genie. Please refer to manual for M.2 PCIe SSD RAID.
• ASMedia® ASM3142 Chipset
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-A port on the back panel
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (Super Speed USB 10Gbps) Type-C ports(1 port on the back panel, 1 port available through the internal USB connector)
• ASMedia® ASM1074 Chipset
- 3 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) Type-A ports on the back panel
• Intel® X299 Chipset
- 5 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports (1 port on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
- 7 x USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) ports (3 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
• Realtek® ALC1220 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output
• 1 x Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN controller
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 3 x M.2 slots (Key M x2, Key E x1)
- 1 x U.2 port
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port
- 1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
- 1 x 4-pin Water Pump connector
- 4 x 4-pin system fan connectors
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 2 x Front panel connectors
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x Power button
- 1 x Reset button
- 1 x Multi-BIOS switch
- 1 x RGB LED connector
- 1 x Virtual RAID on CPU connector
- 1 x Thunderbolt Add-on Card Connector
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 1 x BIOS FLASHBACK+ button
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/ mouse combo port
- 3 x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-A ports
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF OUT connector
- 5 x OFC audio jacks
• 12 in. x 9.6 in. (30.5 cm x 24.4 cm)
• ATX Form Factor
• 9 mounting holes
Expansion / Connectivity
|Interfaces||1 x LAN (Gigabit Ethernet) ¦ 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ¦ 3 x USB 2.0 ¦ 1 x PS/2 keyboard / mouse ¦ 1 x TOSLINK ¦ 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ¦ 1 x USB-C Gen2 ¦ 1 x audio line-out - mini-jack ¦ 1 x microphone - mini-jack ¦ 1 x audio line-out (center/subwoofer) - mini-jack ¦ 1 x audio line-out (rear) - mini-jack ¦ 1 x audio line-in - mini-jack|
|Internal Interfaces||4 x USB 2.0 - header ¦ 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 - header ¦ 1 x audio - header ¦ 1 x USB-C Gen2 - header|
|Expansion Slots||1 x CPU ¦ 8 x DIMM 288-pin ¦ 4 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (44-lane CPU (x16/x4/x16/x8 mode), 28-lane CPU (x16/x4/x8/x4 mode), 16-lane CPU (x8/x4/x8/x0, x8/x4/x4/x4 modes)) ¦ 2 x PCIe 3.0 x1|
|Storage Interfaces||SATA-600 -connectors: 8 x 7pin Serial ATA - RAID 0 / RAID 1 / RAID 10 / RAID 5 ¦ SATA-600 / PCIe 3.0 -connectors: 2 x M.2 - RAID 0 / RAID 1 ¦ PCIe 3.0 -connectors: 1 x U.2|
|RAID Features||Intel Smart Response Technology|
|Power Connectors||4-pin ATX12V connector, 24-pin main power connector, 8-pin ATX12V connector||
|Type||HD Audio (8-channel)|
|Audio Codec||Realtek ALC1220|
|Compliant Standards||High Definition Audio||
|Network Controller||Intel I219V|
|Network Interfaces||Gigabit Ethernet||
|BIOS Features||Dual BIOS, BIOS FlashBack+, MSI ClickBIOS 5|
|Hardware Features||NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology Support, Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) support, Intel Smart Response Technology, AMD 3-way CrossFireX technology support, Clear CMOS Button, MSI Gaming Device Port, MSI Mystic Light, MSI Steel Armor, Game Boost, LAN Protect, Double ESD Protection, Intel Optane Memory Ready, MSI Audio Boost 4, M.2 Shield FROZR, MSI Military Class VI, TURBO SOCKET, Nahimic 2+ Sound Technology||
|Included Accessories||I/O back plate|
|Cables Included||2 x Serial ATA cable ¦ 1 x SLI bridge|
|Software Included||Drivers & Utilities, MSI Command Center, RAMdisk, MSI Live Update 6, MSI Gaming Hotkey, MSI Gaming LAN Manager, MSI CPU-Z, MSI X-BOOST|
|Product Type||Motherboard - ATX|
|Chipset Type||Intel X299 Express|
|Processor Socket||LGA2066 Socket|
|Max Processors Qty||1|
|Compatible Processors||Core X||
|Max Size||128 GB|
|Bus Clock||2400 MHz, 2133 MHz, 2666 MHz, 2800 MHz (O.C.), 3000 MHz (O.C.), 3200 MHz (O.C.), 3300 MHz (O.C.), 3400 MHz (O.C.), 3333 MHz (O.C.), 3466 MHz (O.C.), 3733 MHz (O.C.), 3600 MHz (O.C.), 3866 MHz (O.C.), 4000 MHz (O.C.), 4133 MHz (O.C.), 4266 MHz (O.C.)|
|Features||Dual channel memory architecture, Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP), quad channel memory architecture|
MSI Intel X299 TOMAHAWK Gaming Motherboard Ask an owner
MSI Intel X299 TOMAHAWK Gaming Motherboard Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.