Cake and Cookie Friday returns and this week it was my turn to ruin everyone’s diet plans with my peanut butter cookies.
Given the banter around the office this week, a nut-based Friday treat fitted the bill nicely. My midweek story of a squirrel that lived in my family loft and used to peer through the window at me while I watched TV made everyone laugh in the office – I would try to explain further but you really need to see my accompanying arm movements and exaggerated facial expressions. If anyone has ever been stalked by a squirrel, back me up with a comment here!
Anyway, back to the cookies. They’re super easy to make so I urge you all to go out and give it a go – here’s the recipe:
Peanutty Butter Cookies
4oz Butter (softened) + extra for greasing
5oz Crunchy Peanut Butter
4oz Caster Sugar
4oz Light Muscovado Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
Drop of Vanilla essence
3oz Plain Flour
1 tea spoon Bicarbonate of soda
4oz Rolled Oats
- Preheat oven to 180oc/350of/Gas Mark 4 â€“ Grease your baking trays
- Place butter and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together
- Beat in Caster and Muscovado sugar
- Then bit by bit beat in the egg and vanilla essence to the mixture
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the mixture
- Stir in the oats
- Place teaspoon full, rolled in palms of hands and pressed down slightly onto the baking trays
- Bake in oven for 15minutes of until slightly golden round the edges
- Leave to cool to 2minutes before putting on to plates.