What does Office 2007 retiring mean?
Office 2007 is ending “extended support” on October 10, 2017. After that time, there will no longer be security updates, so customers should upgrade to avoid being vulnerable to new security risks.
What options are available for individual or home users?
Office 2016 is a one-time purchase is more like the traditional way customers have purchased Office in the past, sold as a digital download rather than on a disc.
- You can choose from Office Home & Student 2016 or Office Home & business 2016
- Both include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote for use on one PC or Mac. Office Home & Business 2016 adds Outlook
- These applications are not automatically updated. In order to get the latest version, customers will need to purchase Office again when the new version becomes available
Office 365 is a subscription service that ensures you always have the most up-to-date productivity tools from Office.
- You can choose from Office 365 home, which lets you share with up to four other members of your household on up to five PCs or Macs
- You can even use advanced features on your iPad, iPhone, or Android phone or tablet with an Office 365 subscription
- Both Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal include the latest version of the fully-installed Office applications your customers already know and love like, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, and even Publisher and Access
- Both also include 1 TB of OneDrive storage and 60 Skype minutes per month for each user. Plus, Office 365 includes ongoing tech support and exclusive new features every month
Which is the right Office for you?