Huawei smartphone wins Gadget of the Year award
(Martyn Landi/PA)
ebuyer daily deals 40% off

The P20 Huawei smartphone wins Gadget of the Year award star prize.

Huawei has walked away with four awards at this year’s EE Pocket-lint Gadget Awards. Its even beaten the likes of Apple and Samsung to the main Gadget of the Year prize.

The Chinese smartphone maker’s latest handset, the Huawei P20 Pro took the top award. As well as winning the Best Smartphone category.

The iPhone failed to win an award but Apple did take away victories in the Best Tablet/2-in-1 award and Best Smartwatch categories (Kirsty O’Connor/PA)

“The awards this year really show the huge ground Huawei has made from being a brand that was virtually unheard of in the UK,” said Pocket Lint founder Stuart Miles.

Forty five industry judges voted across 20 categories for 90% of the vote, with the remaining 10% decided by the public.

God of War
God of War wins Best Game (Sony)

Apple nabbed the Best Tablet/2-in-1 award and Best Smartwatch. The iPad and Apple Watch Series 4 taking the plaudits.

Samsung didn’t manage to win any accolades at the ceremony this year round. And Google only managed one for its Google Home in the Best Smart Home Device category.

Meanwhile, Sony fared well with four wins for Best Camera, Best Gaming/VR device and Best On-Ear Headphones as well as Best Game for its God of War title.

* Prices correct at time of posting.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here