Education is part of technology
Ebuyer understand the importance of educating people about how technology can benefit them, and has, and will continue, to carry out projects that work towards this.
During the summer holidays (2015) a few people from the Marketing Department at Ebuyer.com headed over to Hull College to spend two days with school students. We set up several stations for them and they were tasked with fling drones, putting a computer back together and programming a retro Bigtrak.
We get involved in fundraising
Ebuyer regularly get involved in fundraising for charities, both large and small and within the past couple of years and have helped raise money for causes such as Children In Need, Sport Relief and Macmillan. Whenever there is a charitable day at Ebuyer all the departments get together in order to help raise awareness and money by holding coffee mornings, bake sales, bike riding challenges and coming in fancy dress, resulting in us being able to make significant donations.
We also try to help out as much as we can with local charities and events, usually by donating raffle prizes, such as speakers, projectors or Tablet Pcs, for charity balls and tombola's.
Customers are our number one priority
At Ebuyer.com employees know that not only is it their responsibility to carry out their day-to-day role, but also to oversee and ensure customer satisfaction.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and open up our social media channels for customer queries, as well as traditional methods such as e-notes, e-mail and telephone. So this becomes not only the job of customer services, but the entire company to ensure customers are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
Every employee at Ebuyer is entitled to valuable benefits such as a subsidised canteen facility, a free on-site gym, a Nest Pension scheme, and the potential for monetary bonuses.
The company have set up the Learning Management Scheme (LMS) to provide all staff the opportunity to undergo the necessary training such as Communication, Health and Safety and Leadership. These are regularly assigned on a monthly basis, keeping everyone at the same level.
Staff Health and Safety is very important to Ebuyer an all the necessary steps are taken to ensure that our state-of-the-art facilities are safe, secure and free from danger. All workstations are regularly examined to optimise comfort and productivity and our dedicated Health, Safety and Maintenance professionals guarantee that we are always prepared for the unexpected.
We look after our environment
For the environment section our main objectives have included reviewing the type of lighting in the warehouse, looking at waste streams to minimise what we throw away and looking more closely at what we can do in office to recycle and reduce the likes of heating, printing and electricity where we can.
In the warehouse all waste cardboard is collected on an automated conveyor belt and baled ready for removal, this can also be used for any packaging that may come from the offices. All waste is then sent to recycling companies, not landfills.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items.
Common WEEE questions
Recycling your old electricals is easy!
Recycle your electrical and electronic devices free at your local recycling centre. To find your nearest centre, visit the RECYCLE NOW website and type in your postcode.
- Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK's fastest growing type of waste.
- Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
- To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin.
How are we helping?
In the UK, distributors including retailers must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. As a responsible retailer, we have met the requirements placed on us by financially supporting the national network of WEEE recycling centres established by local authorities. This is achieved through membership of the national Distributor Take-back scheme (DTS).
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations. Ebuyer (UK) Limited is registered as a producer under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (2012/19/EU) with registration Number: WEE/FK0254QU.
The RoHS Directive
The RoHS 2 Directive, also known as EU Directive 2011/65/EU, came into affect on July 21st, 2011. The RoHS 2 directive mandates that electrical and electronic products put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
Ebuyer is fully committed to comply with the RoHS Directive. If you have any queries, please contact us.
Ebuyer (UK) Limited, Off Ferry Road, Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7UW
We can all do more to save our planet's resources. Ebuyer delivers your orders to you in packaging, but you can do your bit by recycling this packaging. As part of our environmental commitment, we have created this page to provide you with information on ways to recycle and recover packaging from your purchases.
Where your order packaging begins its life
Ebuyer has a unique warehouse system for orders, which calculates the dimensions of the packaging required for each and every order. This ensures we are following packaging guidelines and also reduces the amount of packaging sent out for each order.
Ebuyer encourages its couriers to follow the same system. This ensures that all our orders shipped out by Ebuyer and on behalf of Ebuyer are to the same standard.
We have set up an email service whereby customers can report either orders, or specific items, that they feel have been over packaged. Ebuyer will investigate all complaints and contact the necessary supplier or manufacturer to encourage them to adopt packaging procedures that we use.
The customer is updated throughout this process. If you feel there has been excess packaging used for the delivery of your order please contact
If you feel there has been excess packaging used for the specific product you have received, please contact
Please provide the following details in the email:
- Order Number
- Description of the item (include item code)
- Reason you feel the item / order was over packaged.
We will provide you with a reply within 14 days.
What is the Batteries Directive?
- This directive sets out clear guidelines for the collection, treatment and recycling of waste industrial, automotive and portable batteries.
- All batteries are required to be labelled with the appropriate battery label.
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection.
How can I do my bit as a customer?
- If you were to place your waste batteries in the household waste, these batteries would not be recycled and would continue to pollute the environment. By participating in sending back your waste batteries, they can be treated and recycled in accordance with the directive.
- Both Ebuyer and its customers can assist in recycling batteries.
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle.
- Customers are not required to make a purchase from Ebuyer.com to be able to dispose of waste batteries.
- Ebuyer will undertake its responsibility as both a Producer and a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation.
- Please note: this service only applies to householders and not businesses.
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
- If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the Batteries Regulations.
- It means that you can return waste batteries to us under our distributor obligations policy free of charge.
How do I recycle my old batteries?
- When you have finished with a battery product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
- Please contact us at BATTERIES@EBUYER.COM to arrange for an envelope to be sent out to you. We will refund your postage costs, providing you send us a copy of the post office receipt
- Alternatively, you can send us an enote via your online account. This can be found under the enote title Batteries recycling.
- Please advise the address where you would like the envelope to be sent.
- Please advise the type and quantity of battery that is to be recycled.
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner.
Please be aware that we cannot accept waste batteries sent back via an unregistered waste carrier. If waste batteries are received back via an unregistered waste carrier, our warehouse will be instructed to reject them. Ebuyer (UK) Limited is registered as a producer under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Legislation (2006/66/EC) with registration Number: BPRN00403.