Don't ignore Windows Server 2003
End of Support.
We need to make sure you aren't taken by surprise when support ends. It's easy to see why a server failure would have a serious negative impact on any business - especially a smaller organisation with just two or three servers.
New technologies in Windows Server 2012 combined with new technologies in HP's Server range means upgrading your server and software together can result in a significant TCO reduction by:
- Reducing operation costs through energy efficiency and reliability
- Improving admin/management efficiency
- Enhancements in virtualisation means decreased physical server count/higher server to admin ratio
- Minimising management overhead with a standardised, common infrastructure and interface
- More efficient and comprehensive tools
What End of Support means in practice
From 14th July 2015, Microsoft will no longer offer security updates, assisted-support or online technical content updates for Windows Server 2003 or Small Business Server 2003. The result?
- Small Business Server 2003 and the workloads running on it will become more expensive to operate
- Outdated software will create compliance issues
- Exchange Server 2003, an integral part of Small Business Server 2003, reaches end of extended support on 8th April 2014: you should act urgently to enjoy continued access to business-class email
- For full details on End of Support please visit http://aka.ms/ws2003support
By upgrading to Windows Server 2012 R2, you won't just avoid the cost and risk of running unsupported server software. You'll gain access to powerful new capabilities that actively help them perform and compete - like virtualisation and the cloud.
Is it time for a server refresh?
Upgrading your old server can benefit your business and provide quicker return on investment than if you just upgrade your software. With more powerful, robust, energy saving hardware that supports advances in virtualisation it seems like the perfect time.
Refreshing your server environment is tough, yet getting the most of your server platforms is critical. Server environments provide the bulk of your customers' Business Services, and it is imperative to regularly refresh and optimize customers' server environments, evaluating credible technology alternatives that deliver exceptional usage and value. Consolidating and refreshing your server footprint can increase your compute capability, improve energy efficiency, and reduce operating costs.
Whether physical or virtual, refreshing server environments and migrating applications are core competencies of HP Technology Services, backed by years of execution, best practices, and tools. HP Server Refresh provides a cost-effective, accelerated, and reliable method to move their Business Services to HP Gen8 servers where they can take advantage of increased compute power, reliability, and reduced TCO.
HP ProLiant server-the world's most intelligent server
Customer inspired, HP ProLiant Gen8 servers are unlike anything else on the market. HP ProLiant Gen8 servers include more than 150 design innovations that allow administrators to increase application performance and free up resources to focus on business innovation. HP ProLiant Gen8 introduces HP-only and industry-first innovations2 that use embedded intelligence to get rid of manual tasks and automate IT operations.
HP ProLiant Gen8 servers transform the experiences and economics of application and data optimization, server operations, data center efficiency, and IT support.
HP ProLiant ML family of servers
HP ProLiant ML servers are flexible, expandable tower (tower/rack option) servers are the ideal choice for remote/branch offices, data centers, or small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) requiring a server that can provide maximum performance for current requirements and expansion for future growth.
The HP ProLiant ML300 Server series is available in either rack or tower models. The HP ProLiant ML300 Server series incorporates the latest HP ProLiant Gen8 server innovations in storage, memory, and management.
The HP ProLiant Gen8 ML server family includes:
- HP ProLiant ML300p Series-The flexible tower or rack data center standard with leading performance and versatility.
- HP ProLiant ML300e Series-Tower servers that redefine essential and easy-to-use computing.
Why servers matter
Businesses of all sizes depend on their server to keep them in business. Many mission-critical activities depend on a secure, fully-functioning server, for example:
- Sharing files
- Accessing the web
- Authenticating users
- Sending emails
- Safeguarding information
What are the risks of staying on Windows Server 2003?
- Security and vulnerability
- Greater support and down-time costs
- Regulatory compliance issues
Why HP ROK?
- Most cost effective way to licence your HP ProLiant Gen8
- HP Offers 90 days free installation support
- Bios Locked - providing quicker installation time
- Tried, Tested and Tuned to HP ProLiant