Cisco SMARTnet is essential to keeping your business functions available, secure, and operating at peak performance. Networks are the lifeline that connects your customers to goods and services, and the effects of downtime can be significant, decreasing productivity, eroding customer confidence, and losing revenue.
How Does Cisco SMARTnet Help Solve Your Problems?
As your network and data center evolve and you add new business processes, systems, and services, the consequences and costs of downtime increase dramatically, and delays in resolving issues can bring your business operations to a standstill. In addition, technology changes rapidly, and keeping your IT staff up to date on the latest advances and security issues can be challenging.
Cisco SMARTnet can help you:
- Quickly resolve issues: Identify and resolve problems quickly before they significantly affect business continuity.
- Empower your IT staff: Improve operational efficiency by keeping your IT staff up to date on the latest technology advances and security threats.
- Mitigate risk: Detect security issues that could negatively a affect the availability, performance, and reliability of your network.
Realize the full business value of your technology investments with smart, personalized services from Cisco and our partners. Backed by deep networking, security, and data center expertise and a broad ecosystem of partners, Cisco Services enable you to successfully plan, build, and manage your network and data center as a powerful business platform. Whether you are looking to quickly seize new opportunities to meet rising customer expectations, improve operational efficiency to lower costs, mitigate risk, or accelerate growth, we have a service that can help you.
Cisco SMARTnet Service Features
Cisco SMARTnet gives you access to a wealth of Cisco support tools and expertise, providing you with greater IT infrastructure and network availability and performance while reducing operating costs.
Cisco SMARTnet Service provides:
- Fast support from experts: Connect directly to the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC), staffed by thousands of certified Cisco professionals with experience diagnosing the toughest problems in your network and data center.
- Online self-help support: Access extensive support resources 24 hours a day, 365 days a year through Cisco’s online knowledge base, communities, resources, and tools. Table 1 shows the support resources available with Cisco SMARTnet Service.
- Smart, proactive diagnostics: Gain critical insight with the embedded Cisco Smart Call Home feature, which offers detailed diagnostics and immediate alerts on enabled devices.
- Ongoing operating system updates: Access new OS features, including both minor and major OS releases, with the latest operating system software updates within your licensed feature set.
- Rapid hardware replacement: Get the coverage you need for each device with flexible hardware replacement options, including 2-hour, 4-hour, and next-businessday (NBD) advance replacement, as well as return for repair (RFR).
More than a Warranty
Cisco SMARTnet Service goes far beyond a simple warranty replacement policy. Table 2 compares warranty and SMARTnet support coverage.
|Equipment Covered||Duration||Hardware Replacement||Cisco OS Updates||Cisco TAC Support||Registered Access to Cisco.com||Smart Call Home Diagnostics and Alerts|
|Cisco SMARTnet Service||All1||Renewable contracts||
Advance hardware replacement:
||Yes, updates within the licensed feature set5||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cisco SMARTnet Service||All||Standard hardware: 90 days3
Standard software: 90 days3
|Advance replacement (10 days)3||No4||No||No||No|
01430 433 671