Privacy & Cookies
What personal information do we collect?
We ask for your personal information when you make a purchase, register, sign up for promotions, offers or competitions, or to receive news. Depending on which of these services you use, we may collect:
- your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase;
- details of any purchase orders that you place through the website, and any details we need for delivery;
- card payment details if making a purchase;
- details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us;
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access; and
- information you provide if you report a problem with our website;
What we do with the personal information we collect?
Depending on how you engage with us, we may use your information:
- to facilitate your use of this website and the services available through it;
- when you purchase from us, to process your order, collect payment, enable you to track you order online, arrange delivery and for other purchase related services (this may include contacting you by telephone, email or SMS to arrange, confirm or upgrade your delivery) and for ongoing customer service dealings including any faults or repairs or refunds;
- for internal accounting and regulatory purposes;
- for statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services;
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the website (See the cookies section), and to keep you informed about other products and services you might be interested in (See Keeping You Informed); and
- to ask you from time to time if you would like to provide feedback on or participate in market research on our products and services. You do not have to participate in these if you do not wish.
Who do we share it with?
Please note that Ebuyer is legally required to notify the TV Licensing Authority of any purchase you make of television receiving equipment. Please see tvlicensing.co.uk for more details.
If you take out an additional service plan with your purchase, Ebuyer will share limited personal information with the service plan provider.
Ebuyer may also disclose your personal information:
- if we use authorised service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, for example this might include reviews, direct marketing programme and for online payment services. We do not permit our service providers to share or to use such information for any other purpose and they are under strict obligations to keep your information secure;
- Trusted third party suppliers providing relevant products and services related to your Ebuyer purchases (see Keeping You Informed)
- to the police, regulators, law enforcement or other government agency where the law requires this, where appropriate to prevent or detect criminal activity, or in connection with product safety, and otherwise to relevant third parties to protect Ebuyer, its business, staff and customers; and
- to prospective or actual buyers in the event that Ebuyer sells any of its business or assets so help ensure continuity of your customer relationship.
Keeping You Informed
We may from time to time contact or update you about products, services or offers that may be relevant to you.
This may include delivery, reviews, lists and extended warranties, and other products and services related to your Ebuyer purchases, some of which are provided by Ebuyer and some by our trusted partners to whom we may pass on your details.
They or we may contact you about these by telephone, mail, email and SMS, using the contact details you provide and update us with, which we obtain or update with you in our dealings, or which we obtain or update from external sources. This may include telephone numbers that are registered by you or others unless you have told us directly that you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose on a particular telephone number. By providing your details through the website, you are agreeing to this.
If you don't want to be contacted by post or telephone you can email us at email@example.com, call us on 0871 521 3300* or write to us at: Data Removal, Ebuyer (UK) Limited, Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7UW. If you do so, please bear with us for a short time whilst we adjust our records. This usually takes up to 10 days.
* Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras. Lines open: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (excluding bank holidays). Please remember to use the international dialing code (+44) when calling from outside the UK
If you don't want to be contacted by email, please unsubscribe from the Ebuyer marketing emails that contain an easy means for you to unsubscribe.
Please note that Ebuyer would not necessarily remove all your details from its records but would note and respect your changed marketing preferences.
Security and Storage
Whilst we have policies, rules and measures in place and try to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information, Ebuyer cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are tiny files that help track the use of the site and to personalise your journey. These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can call the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer and almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as default. However, all browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.
This would also be a common experience of reduced functionality across many websites.
To learn about how change the cookie settings for your browser please see our 'Managing Cookies' section.
Our Cookies Policy
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on Ebuyer your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Ebuyer, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for. You'll find information about 3rd party cookies on the next tab.
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose|
|AdTrack, Affiliate, TD cookies||These cookies show us how you found our website and which website you came from. This helps us know which of our online marketing channels is most effective. They also allow us to reward some external websites for directing you to us.|
|AJAXA cookie||We use this to determine if your web browser supports some of the features of our checkout that make checkout quicker and easier to complete.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId cookie||This cookie allows our web servers to respond to your actions on the website such as "Add to basket" or browsing the website. The website wouldn't work for you without it.|
|BasketXML and CookieID cookies||The items that are in your shopping basket on the website are stored in this cookie. Your shopping basket wouldn't work without it.|
|fromAd cookie||We use this to determine if you arrived at Ebuyer by clicking on an advertising link, and allows us to reward some external websites for directing visitors to us.|
|rrSessionId, m, n, uc cookies||We use these cookies to make recommendations of products that we think might be of interest to you, based on what you and other visitors have viewed on Ebuyer.|
|Reevoo cookie (reevoo_utmb, reevoo_utmc, reevoo_utmz, reevoomark_bh_session, reevoomark_marker, reevoomark_selected_for_b_branch, reevoomark_viewed_products cookies)||These cookies enable the function of our customer review partner Reevoo. Reevoo collect and deliver impartial customer reviews on our website. This information is used to help improve the website and your shopping experience giving independent buying advice. The data stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Ebuyer and Reevoo.|
|_utma, _utmz||These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics for Ebuyer and its subsidiaries. Software, this software helps us take and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and shopping times. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant. The data stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Ebuyer and Google and never shows any confidential information.|
3rd party cookies
When you visit Ebuyer you may notice some cookies that aren't related to Ebuyer. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Some of the business partners that may set cookies on Ebuyer can be seen in the table opposite.
Ebuyer 'share' tools
If you take the opportunity to 'share' Ebuyer content with friends through social networks - such as Facebook and Twitter - you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Further information about cookies
Please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
|Partner name||What their cookies are used for|
Sometimes we'll advertise on 3rd party websites. TagMan cookies are used to help us and our advertisers see which advertisements you click on and interact with. Each individual advertiser uses its own tracking cookies and the data taken is not confidential or interchangeable.
Examples of these advertisers include Google (including Google-owned DoubleClick for paid advertising on Google.com) and Affiliate Window.
TagMan provide a global Opt-Out function, whereby a user can go to their website and switch off TagMan tracking: http://eu.tagman.com/index.php/consumerprivacy.html. If you opt out in this way for Ebuyer, you'll also be opting out from any other companies that use TagMan.
How do I opt out of cookies?
You can manage the cookies that you allow on your computer through the internet browser that you use. You can also ask to be alerted every time a cookie is offered. There are instructions on how to manage your cookies using the most popular internet browsers below:
Find out which internet browser you use
- On a PC: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select 'About'
- On an Apple Mac: click on the Apple menu and select 'About' (make sure the browser is open)
Opting out of cookies in Internet Explorer
- Choose 'Tools'
- Click on 'Internet Options'
- Click the 'Privacy' tab
- Move the slider to choose your settings
- For more detailed privacy settings click on 'Advanced'
Opting out of cookies in Safari
- Choose 'Preferences' from Safari menu
- Select 'Security'
- Cookie settings are shown
- Choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Google Chrome
As a default, Google Chrome allows all cookies. You can manage the behaviour of first-party and third-party cookies or even block them completely.
- Click on the 'Tools' menu
- Select 'Options'
- Click the 'Under the Bonnet' tab
- Find the 'Privacy' section
- Click 'Content settings'
- Click the 'Cookie settings' tab and choose your settings
Opting out of cookies in Mozilla Firefox
You can configure which sites are allowed to set cookies, how long to keep them for, and view and manage your existing cookies.
- Click on 'Menu', then 'Options'
- Select 'Privacy'
- Select 'Cookies'
- Choose your settings
Opting out of Flash Cookies
If you'd like to control the use of Flash Cookies on your computer, Adobe's website offers tools to do this.
Ebuyer (UK) Ltd (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
You have the right to access the information that Ebuyer (UK) Ltd holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You may lodge an access request for free, but depending upon the personal information you request, we may impose a charge to recover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will notify you of any such change upon receiving your access request, and confirm whether you wish to proceed and pay such charge.
We are always pleased to hear from our customers (even if it is a complaint!). We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied - we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service member of the Ebuyer team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
You can either contact 0871 521 33 00
Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.
Lines open: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm (excluding bank holidays).
Or, write to us at:
Ebuyer (UK) Limited
DN14 7UW UK