Barracuda hard drives give you what you want.
The Power of One
- Seagate brings over 30 years of trusted performance and reliability to the new Seagate® Desktop HDDs—now available in capacities up to 4TB.
- Double your capacity and drive down costs with up to 1TB-per-disk hard drive technology.
- SATA 6Gb/s interface optimizes burst performance
- Seagate AcuTrac™ servo technology delivers dependable performance,even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers.
- Seagate OptiCache™ technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45%.
- Free Seagate DiskWizard™ software allows you to install 3TB and 4TB hard drives in Windows, including XP, without UEFI BIOS.
- Desktop or all-in-one PCs
- Home servers
- PC-based gaming systems
- Desktop RAID
- Direct-attached external storage devices (DAS)
- Network-attached storage devices (NAS)
Count on Barracuda drives to deliver the storage innovations that drive your costs down and your performance up.
Maximizes hard drive storage densities.
- 7200 RPM performance–from 250GB all the way up to 3TB
- OptiCache technology further exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improved micro processor capabilities
- SATA-III 6Gb/s technology to further maximize performance
Barracuda 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac technology enables new storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks that are only 75 nanometers wide! That’s about 500 times smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.
Green where it counts.
Barracuda 1TB-per-disk hard drives now have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states–without sacrificing performance.
Barracuda desktop drives are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
Barracuda drives comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds.
70% or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable.
Your no-hassle transition to 4K sectors.
Are you worried about moving to Advanced Format 4K sector technology? You don’t have to be with Barracuda drives.
Seagate SmartAlign technology makes this transition a snap:
- No utilities to run
- No extra integration steps to take up your time