Introducing Roku, the original best selling internet streaming player from the US. With Roku, it’s a snap to enjoy great films and TV programmes, live sports, music, games and more—all instantly on your TV, whenever you want it.
It keeps getting better. With lots of great entertainment channels, including Netflix, Crackle, UFC and more.
Plus games. The XS remote features motion sensors so you can play games with a flick of a wrist. Full Angry Birds game included free!
The easiest setup. Works with virtually any TV, includes built-in wireless and sets up in minutes.
More power. Up to 1080p HD video. Includes Ethernet for wired connection plus USB port.
Instant thrills, chills, & laughs
With lots of films and TV programmes available from great places, Roku instantly delivers that perfect title to match your mood. Start with the best Netflix experience out there, featuring up to 1080p HD video plus support for English subtitles. Hundreds of free films from Crackle? Check. New TV programmes and films get added all of the time so you'll always have something great to watch.
Need a break from the movies? Roku 2 also brings some of the most popular casual games to your TV:
- Roku 2 XS features a Bluetooth remote with sensors to support motion-based game play, as well as game-ready buttons to support furious button action.
- Hit games available include the Angry Birds series, PAC-MAN Championship Edition, Galaga and Storm in a Teacup.
- Every Roku 2 XS includes a FREE full version of the Angry Birds game!
- With the built-in MicroSD slot, you can always add additional storage for hundreds more games in the future.
Plus, more games are added all the time. Better watch out, dastardly pigs.
Compare Roku models
* Availability of 720p or 1080p HD video varies by entertainment channel.
**Roku 2 XS features a MicroSD memory slot for adding additional storage capacity, plus Bluetooth for adding an RF remote control.
***See specs for list of file formats supported via USB
It’s ridiculously easy
From the simple remote to the easy-to-use interface, Roku 2 was designed to please everyone. All you need to get started is a high-speed Internet connection (and a TV, of course). The built-in wireless and guided setup mean you can be up and running in minutes. And we bet you don’t even have to call your nerdy nephew for help.
Included with the Roku 2 XS
- Enhanced remote with motion control for games
- Angry Birds game
- Remote control
- Two AA batteries
- HDMI video output (for high-definition)
- Composite A/V combo output (for standard-definition; works with included A/V cable)
- Wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n)
- Bluetooth (for using Roku Game Remote, sold separately)
- MicroSD memory card slot (for adding extra storage for channels and games)
- A/V cable (red/white/yellow)
- Power adapter
- Get Started guide
- 90-day manufacturer warranty
What you need
- A TV
- You need a high-speed Internet connection with a speed of at least 1.2 Mbps (such as mid-level Broadband). If you are unable to connect the player directly to your cable or Broadband modem you may also need a wired or wireless router.
- A wireless router
Roku 2 XS internet streaming Player Specifications
802.11n Wi-Fi (b/g/n compatible) with WEP, WPA and WPA2 support
10/100 Base-T Ethernet
Bluetooth version 3.0 (currently enabled for use with Roku game remote only)
480i (over composite video)
480p (over HDMI)
720p (over HDMI)
1080p (over HDMI)
1080p High Definition (HD)
720p High Definition (HD)
16:9 anamorphic / 4:3 standard
Analog stereo (mini-jack to left/right/composite video RCA)
Digital over HDMI (5.1 surround sound pass-through)
microSD card slot for additional game and channel storage
Roku Bluetooth game remote (with motion sensing for playing games)
Internet streaming player includes IR. Compatible with various universal remotes
Less than 2W (typical) when streaming HD video
5.2V – 1.5A power adapter
USB Media Formats
Video: MP4 (H.264)
Audio: AAC, MP3
Image: JPG, PNG
84mm x 84mm x 23mm
Each Roku 2 XS player comes with:
2 x AA batteries
Getting Started guide