£63.26 inc. vat
£52.71 ex. vat
Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive
- SATA-III 3.5" Hard Drive
- 7200RPM 64MB Cache
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Manufacturer ID: ST2000DM001
Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive Product Description
Equipping your machine with the right internal firepower is vital if you are to enjoy the best possible performance and user experience.Advances in computer technology mean that many modern applications and documents are increasing in size.For instance, many users utilise the space on their computer to store all manner of things, including music, video and pictures.In order to ensure that your computer can cope with this increased level of demand, it is important to make sure that you have the right hardware at your disposal.
The Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive offers users Power of One, meaning that you can take advantage of just one hard drive platform for all of your desktop storage applications, while being safe in the knowledge that it can also provided a trusted level of high performance. Seagate boasts more than three decades worth of experience in providing top-of-the-range products, and carry this sterling reputation into the manufacture of its Desktop HDDs, which are now available in capacities up to 4TB.
This innovative hard drive also features Seagate's 1TB-per-disc technology, which packs 340,000 hard drive tracks into the width of just of a single inch. This means that when it comes to reading and writing data, the head needs to accurately follow a track that is a tiny 75 nanometres wide, around 500 times smaller than a small speck.
The innovation of this product goes beyond the drive technology though, as Seagate understands that industry changes and limitations can be a great source of frustration, especially for business users. This problem is solved by way of SmartAlign technology, which offers an easy, transparent way to make the inevitable transition to Advanced Format 4K sector drives, eliminating extra time, utilities and hassle.
Business users will also undoubtedly be interested in the fact that this product is designed with energy efficiency in mind, as it features an advanced power mode, which conserves energy when the system is idling.
This Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 2TB SATA hard drives gives you the Power of One, one hard drive platform for every desktop storage application and one drive with trusted performance, reliability and simplicity and capacity. This 2TB Seagate Barracuda hard drive also features Seagates '1TB-per-disc' technology that packs 340,000 hard drive tracks into the width of a single inch, this means that, when reading and writing data, the read/write head needs to accurately follow a track that is a mere 75 nanometres wide. That's about 500 times smaller than the full stop at the end of this sentence.
The Power of One
- Seagate brings over 30 years of trusted performance and reliability to the new Seagate® Desktop HDDs-now available in capacities up to 4TB.
- Double your capacity and drive down costs with up to 1TB-per-disk hard drive technology.
- SATA 6Gb/s interface optimizes burst performance
- Seagate AcuTrac™ servo technology delivers dependable performance,even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers.
- Seagate OptiCache™ technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45%.
- Free Seagate DiskWizard™ software allows you to install 3TB and 4TB hard drives in Windows, including XP, without UEFI BIOS.
- Desktop or all-in-one PCs
- Home servers
- PC-based gaming systems
- Desktop RAID
- Direct-attached external storage devices (DAS)
- Network-attached storage devices (NAS)
Green where it counts
This Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda hard drives now have advanced power modes to save more energy while idling - without sacrificing performance. Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drives are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
- All drives comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds.
- Seventy per cent or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable.
- Low power consumption
Innovation Goes Beyond Drive Technology Alone
Seagate understands that industry changes and limitations can be frustrating. That is why Seagate has worked hard to deliver solutions to these challenges. Seagate SmartAlign technology offers you an easy, transparent way to make the inevitable transition to Advanced Format 4K sector drives - no extra time, no utilities, no hassle
- Model Number ST2000DM001
- Interface SATA 6Gb/s maximises data transfer rates
- Cache 64MB
- Capacity 2TB
- Spin Speed 7200 RPM
- Average Data Rate, Read/Write (MB/s) 156
- Seagate OptiCache technology improves performance by up to 45%
- Seagate AcuTrac technology enables reliable read/write performance even in high touch operating environments
- Seagate SmartAlign technology for no-hassle transition to Advanced Format 4K sector technology
Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive Product Reviews
|Form Factor||3.5" x 1/3H|
|Buffer Size||64 MB|
|Features||Native Command Queuing (NCQ), Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR)|
|Device Type||Hard drive - internal||
|Drive Transfer Rate||600 MBps (external)|
|Spindle Speed||7200 rpm||
Expansion & Connectivity
|Interfaces||1 x Serial ATA-600 - 7 pin Serial ATA|
|Compatible Bays||1 x internal - 3.5" x 1/3H||
|Compatible with Windows 7||"Compatible with Windows 7" software and devices carry Microsofts assurance that these products have passed tests for compatibility and reliability with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7.|
|Service & Support||2 years warranty|
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - 2 years|
Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.