£ 86.98 inc. vat£87.00save £0.02
£72.48 ex. vat£72.50save £0.02
Click & Collect Available
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5inch SSD Product Description
Untap your computer's potential
The Samsung SSD 850 EVO elevates the everyday computing experience to a higher level of performance and endurance than was ever imagined. Powered by Samsung's unmatched V-NAND technology, no wonder the 850 EVO is the best-selling SSD for everyday computing. Designed for mainstream desktop PCs and laptops, the 850 EVO comes in a wide range of capacities and form factors.
The 850 EVO optimizes performance for your daily computing tasks, boasting sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s with TurboWrite technology and sequential read speeds up to 540 MB/s. Plus, RAPID mode further boosts performance for up to 2x faster data processing speeds on a system level by utilizing unused PC memory as cache storage.
Guaranteed endurance and reliability
The Samsung 850 EVO maintains high performance and enhanced endurance, and provides a limited warranty of 5 years or 75 to 300 terabytes written (TBW). For security, the 850 EVO is equipped with an AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine which does not cause any performance degradation and is compliant with advanced security management solutions, such as IEEE® 1667 and TCG™ Opal. Plus, Dynamic Thermal Guard protects it from overheating.
Capacities range up to 4 TB
More variety gives you more options that are just right for your needs. Samsung offers the 850 EVO in a full range of capacities up to 4 TB - the industry's first 4 TB SSD for client PCs, which enables you to store more data on a single SSD.
Multiple form factors for almost any need
Samsung has designed the 850 EVO in multiple form factors to fit a variety of computers. You may choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing applications.
- Usage Application - Client PCs
- Capacity - 250GB
- Dimensions (LxWxH) - 100 x 69.85 x 6.8 (mm)
- Interface - SATA 6Gb/s (compatible with SATA 3Gb/s and SATA 1.5Gb/s)
- Form Factor - 2.5 inch
- Controller - Samsung MGX controller
- NAND Flash Memory - Samsung 32 layer 3D V-NAND
- DRAM Cache Memory - 512MB
- Sequential Read: Max. 540 MB/s
- Sequential Write**: Max. 520 MB/s
- 4KB Random Read (QD1): Max. 10,000 IOPS
- 4KB Random Write(QD1): Max. 40,000 IOPS
- 4KB Random Read(QD32): Max. 97,000 IOPS(250GB)
- 4KB Random Write(QD32): Max. 88,000 IOPS(250GB)
- AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption (FDE)
- TCG/Opal V2.0, Encrypted Drive(IEEE1667)
- Weight Max. - 66g (1TB)
- Reliability - MTBF: 1.5 million hours
- TBW - 120/250GB: 75TBW - 500GB/1TB: 150 TBW
- Active Read/Write (Average): Max. 3.7W(1TB) / Max. 4.4W(1TB)
- Idle: Max. 50mW
- Device Sleep: 2mW(120/250/500GB), 4mW(1TB)
- TRIM(Required OS support)
- Garbage Collection
- Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
- Warranty statement
- Installation guide
- Software CD
Add-ons and Accessories
£7.85save £2.87 £4.15 ex. vat
£5.90 ex. vat
£62.98save £5.00 £48.31 ex. vat
|Features||Hardware Full Disk Encryption (FDE), TRIM support, Garbage Collection technology, DRAM cache, DevSleep mode, 3D V-NAND Technology, TurboWrite Technology, Low Power DDR2 SDRAM Cache, Samsung MGX Controller, S.M.A.R.T., 256-bit AES, IEEE 1667|
|Device Type||Solid state drive - internal|
|Buffer Size||512 MB|
Expansion & Connectivity
|Compatible Bays||1 x internal - 2.5"|
|Interfaces||1 x SATA 6 Gb/s - 7 pin Serial ATA|
|Power Consumption||50 mW (idle) ¦ 2 mW (sleep)||
|Service & Support||Limited warranty - 5 years|
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - 5 years||
|SSD Endurance||75 TB|
|Drive Transfer Rate||600 MBps (external)|
|Internal Data Rate||540 MBps (read) / 520 MBps (write)|
|4KB Random Read||97000 IOPS|
|4KB Random Write||88000 IOPS||
Software & System Requirements
|Software Included||Samsung Magician Software, Samsung Data Migration||
|Min Operating Temperature||0 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||70 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||5 - 95% (non-condensing)|
|Shock Tolerance (non-operating)||1500 g @ 0.5 ms half-sine pulse|
|Vibration Tolerance (non-operating)||20 g @ 20-2000 Hz|
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5inch SSD Ask an owner
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5inch SSD Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.