Web Push Notifications
What are those little messages I receive?
The little messages that slide on to your desktop at the bottom right hand corner of your laptop or device are called ‘web push notifications’.
Why does Ebuyer send them?
Ebuyer sends you a web push notification to let you know of products you may be interested in. It’s a convenient way to inform you of items available so that you don’t miss out on special sales, offers or availability.
Why do I receive them?
If you’re receiving web push notifications, then you have opted-in at some stage. We know that our customers don’t want to be bombarded with notifications, so we try to make sure we don’t over-do it!
How do I unsubscribe?
However, if you decide that you don’t want to receive notifications, we completely understand. Here’s a list of how to unsubscribe depending on which browser you use. It’s a simple process.
Here’s a step-by-step on how to unsubscribe on browser:
How to disable web push notifications in Google Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Choose to block or allow notifications: Block all: Turn off Ask before sending.
How to disable web push notifications in Safari
- Open Safari and click Safari -> Preferences in the top menu bar.
- Open the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications on the left-side menu.
- Choose which website notifications you want to disable.
How to disable web push notifications in Mozilla Firefox
- Go to Settings. Click the icon of Settings at the right of your browser window and choose “Options.”
- Choose Content. At the left of the page, choose “Content”.
- Enable or disable notifications. If you want to disable notifications, click “Do not disturb me”, thus, no notification will be shown until you restart Firefox.
How to disable web push notifications on Android Devices
- Open Chrome browser and Click on Menu, under this section tap Settings.
- Scroll Down and click on Site Settings
- In Site settings, again continue to scroll down and choose Notifications.
- In Notifications section, select the site you want to allow or deny web push services.
- On the next screen, tap on clear & reset, a pop-up will appear asking for your permission to allow or Block notifications from the selected website. Choose the option as per your preference.
Information up to date as of 10/09/2019.
To stay up to date or find information to disable web push notification on other browser search for ‘how to turn off web push notification on enter name of your Browser’ in your preferred search engine.
If you need to speak to us regarding web push notifications, here are our contact details:
Solutions team: 01430 433671