£ 241.98 inc. vat
£201.65 ex. vat
Click & Collect Unavailable
(14.9% APR) representative
Gigabyte Intel X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Gaming Motherboard
- Supports Intel Core X-series Processor Family
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- USB Type-C
- RGB FUSION
Mfr part code: X299 AORUS GAMING 3
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
Gigabyte Intel X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Gaming Motherboard Product Description
- Supports Intel® Core™ X-series Processor Family
- Quad Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs, DDR4333+(OC)
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- ASMedia 3142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C™ and Type-A
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
- Server-Class Digital Power Design
- ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone AMP and WIMA audio capacitor
- RGB FUSION supports Digital LED and RGBW Light Strips
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 support by optional adaptor
- Intel® GbE LAN Gaming Network with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- Anti-Sulfur Resistor Design
- Ultra Durable™ 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection
- Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 AIC Support
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
The AORUS X299 enthusiast motherboards are faster and more powerful than any motherboard the world has ever seen. With an aggressively redesigned armor and thermal heatsinks its sure to turn heads and catch eyes. Performance is no stranger to AORUS, with exotic cooling and an ability to be tuned to peak performance AORUS motherboards will exceed expectations.
Set the Color that Matches Your Style
AORUS' X299 series motherboards boast the most advanced LED system in the market today. With more customizability than ever and a convenient and intuitive UI thanks to the RGB Fusion App, you'll have a blast making your AORUS your own. LED enthusiasts now have even more options with the ability to customize multiple zones independently. For a more functional use, the bright and vibrant LEDs can be configured to display the PC's temperature or load. For even more LED goodness RGBW strips are now supported for more true and vibrant whites.
RGB Fusion with Digital LEDs
With AORUS X299 Motherboards, RGB Fusion is even better with Digital LEDs.* RGB Fusion offers users the option to control onboard and external LED light strips for their PC. Already feature filled with colors and patterns, RGB Fusion on X299 Series AORUS Motherboards are now upgraded with Digital LED support. With onboard options and external digital LED strips*, where each LED is digitally addressable, users can experience even more patterns, styles, and illuminations.
AORUS Gaming Motherboards will support either 5v or 12v digital LED strips. RGB Fusion with Digital LEDs comes with 9 new patterns and various speed settings with more to come.
*Digital LEDs are available only on select Motherboards, external LED Strips, Digital LED Strips are not included with Motherboard purchase.
Multi-light zones are equipped with high brightness RGB LEDs, namely the CPU, Memory, Armor, Audio, PCI-Express and Accent LED PCH Overlay. When it's all set and done, your system will shine like never before.
RGB Fusion (Advanced mode)
With the all new RGB Fusion software, users have access to different preset LED lighting configurations with choice of colors. You can even set the LEDs to synchronize with your favorite music or have them change colors to indicate the CPU temperature. For true lighting experts there is an Advanced Mode, which can be fully customized by individual area with its own effects and color transitions, along with specific duration and transition times.
GIGABYTE RGB Fusion APP
Don't just make your PC shine, make it a work of art that friends will envy. With the GIGABYTE RGB Fusion mobile app users can watch as they control the lighting within their gaming PC. This gives users ease of access as they try and adjust colors and speeds for different modes, all this can be achieved away from the keyboard and monitor of their PC.
Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
AORUS brings even more color and life to your system with an Accent LED PCH Overlay. This overlay complements the RGB Fusion technology in AORUS Motherboards adding more flare and style to your gaming machine. With the swappable overlay users can utilize different patterns and designs to make their system their own.
* LED strips and customized overlays are not included. Photos are for reference only. Product features may vary by model.
AORUS X299 Gaming Motherboards are designed with an aggressive stance, but looks are just the beginning. The armor on the AORUS Gaming Series are created to offer best-in-class performance while still staying cool.
AORUS Motherboards are the perfect choice when starting your PC build. With an integrated base plate, AORUS Motherboards give users a strong foundation to build their Gaming PC. With larger and heavier coolers, graphics cards, and even memory modules the AORUS Base Plate is perfect to help support any enthusiast's build while reducing cuts and stings from sharp areas of the motherboard.
I/O Shield Armor
With an integrated I/O shield building an AORUS Gaming PC is even easier.* Gone are the days of realizing that the rear I/O was forgotten or lost.
* Integrated I/O Shields are only available on select AORUS Motherboards
Smart Fan 5
With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
Achieve fan silence. With Fan Stop map any fan to stop completely when temperatures drop below a specified threshold. Which fan stops, based on readings from which sensor, and at what temperature-all of it can be customized to your liking.
New Smart Fan 5 Software
Interoperable Sensors and Fans
Each fan can be customized to operate at different speeds according to any defined temperature source input (except the CPU fan).Fan Curve
Customize fan curves based on specific temperatures with the intuitive graphical UI.
Choose from different modes, Quiet to Full Speed, to match your system usage scenario.
For each fan or pump, you can use the intuitive fan curve to define trigger thresholds and corresponding fan speeds.
System Information Viewer
GIGABYTE System Information Viewer is a central location that gives you access to your current system status. Monitor components such as the clocks and processor, set your preferred fan speed profile, create alerts when temperatures get too high or record your system's behavior; these are the possibilities of the System Information Viewer.
U.2 Adaptor (NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4)
NVMe Performance for PCIe SSDs
The new Intel 750 series SSDs offer an incredible increase in performance over SATA drives. Using the NVMe protocol which takes advantage of the fast bandwidth of PCIe Gen3 x4 lanes (32 Gb/s), the drives are a clear advantage for users looking to boot their OS faster, load their games in a flash and access large files without waiting. By implementing the U.2 Adaptor to support the 2.5" Intel 750 Series drive, AORUS ensures that the users can benefit from the best performance.
SSDs and cables not included.
AORUS Extreme USB 3.1 Motherboards
The ASMEDIA 3142 USB 3.1 controller utilizes 2 PCIe Gen3 lanes, offering a total of up to 16 Gb/s, which means you have extra bandwidth to take full control of the 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 ports. With twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation, and backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0, the much improved USB 3.1 protocol is available over the new reversible USB Type-C™ and the traditional USB Type-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
- Support for Intel® Core™ X series processors in the LGA2066 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- (Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
- Intel® X299 Express Chipset
- 8 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB of system memory.
- * Support for up to 512 GB of system memory when using Registered DIMMs.
- * Supported when using a 44-lane or 28-lane CPU.
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory.
- * Supported when using a 16-lane CPU.
- 4 channel memory architecture.
- * Supported when using a 44-lane or 28-lane CPU.
- Dual channel memory architecture.
- Supported when using a 16-lane CPU.
- Support for DDR4 4333(O.C.) / 4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666(O.C.) / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules
- Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM memory modules
- Support for Registered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx4/2Rx4 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
- (Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
- Realtek® ALC1220 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
- 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1, PCIEX4_2)
- (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
- * Refer to "1-6 Setting up AMD CrossFire™/NVIDIA® SLI™ Configuration," for the installation notices for the PCI Express x16 slots.
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2Q_32G)
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_32G)
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
- * Refer to "1-9 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors.
- Support for NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ and 3-Way* /2-Way* NVIDIA® SLI™ technologies
- * Supported when using a 44-lane.
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire™ and 3-Way* /2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies
- * Supported when using a 44-lane.
- Chipset+ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller:
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
- 10 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x water cooling CPU fan header
- 4 x system fan headers
- 1 x system fan/water cooling pump header
- 1 x 3 Amp fan/water cooling pump header
- 1 x digital LED strip extension cable header
- 2 x RGB (RGBW) LED strip extension cable headers
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x Intel® VROC Upgrade Key header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 headers
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Thunderbolt™ add-in card connector
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x power button
- 1 x OC button
- 2 x temperature sensor headers
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red)
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
- iTE® I/O Controller Chip
- Voltage detection
- Temperature detection
- Fan speed detection
- Water cooling flow rate detection
- Overheating warning
- Fan fail warning
- Fan speed control
- * Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install
- 2 x 128 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Support for APP Center
- * Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
- 3D OSD
- BIOS Setup
- Color Temperature
- Cloud Station
- Easy RAID
- Fast Boot
- Game Boost
- ON/OFF Charge
- Platform Power Management
- RGB Fusion
- Smart Backup
- Smart Keyboard
- Smart TimeLock
- Smart HUD
- System Information Viewer
- USB Blocker
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
Expansion / Connectivity
|Interfaces||1 x LAN (Gigabit Ethernet) ¦ 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ¦ 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ¦ 1 x USB-C Gen2 ¦ 1 x audio line-out - mini-jack ¦ 1 x audio line-in - mini-jack ¦ 1 x microphone - mini-jack ¦ 1 x audio line-out (rear) - mini-jack ¦ 1 x audio line-out (center/subwoofer) - mini-jack ¦ 1 x audio line-out (side surround) - mini-jack ¦ 1 x PS/2 keyboard / mouse|
|Internal Interfaces||4 x USB 2.0 - header ¦ 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 - header ¦ 1 x Thunderbolt - header ¦ 1 x SPDIF out - header ¦ 1 x audio - header|
|Expansion Slots||1 x CPU ¦ 8 x DIMM 288-pin ¦ 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 ¦ 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x8 mode) ¦ 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 mode)|
|Storage Interfaces||SATA-600 -connectors: 8 x 7pin Serial ATA - RAID 0 / RAID 1 / RAID 10 / RAID 5 ¦ SATA-600 / PCIe 3.0 -connectors: 2 x M.2|
|Power Connectors||24-pin main power connector, 8-pin ATX12V connector||
|Product Type||Motherboard - ATX|
|Chipset Type||Intel X299 Express|
|Processor Socket||LGA2066 Socket|
|Max Processors Qty||1|
|Compatible Processors||Core X||
|Max Size||512 GB|
|Bus Clock||2400 MHz, 2133 MHz, 2800 MHz (O.C.), 2666 MHz (O.C.), 3000 MHz (O.C.), 3200 MHz (O.C.), 3300 MHz (O.C.), 3400 MHz (O.C.), 3333 MHz (O.C.), 3466 MHz (O.C.), 3733 MHz (O.C.), 3600 MHz (O.C.), 3666 MHz (O.C.), 3866 MHz (O.C.), 4000 MHz (O.C.), 4133 MHz (O.C.), 4266 MHz (O.C.), 4333 MHz (O.C.)|
|Registered or Buffered||Registered, unbuffered|
|Features||Dual channel memory architecture, Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP), quad channel memory architecture|
|Details||128 GB - unbuffered ¦ 512 GB - registered||
|Type||HD Audio (8-channel)|
|Audio Codec||Realtek ALC1220|
|Compliant Standards||High Definition Audio||
|Network Interfaces||Gigabit Ethernet||
|BIOS Features||WfM 2.0 support, UEFI BIOS, SMBIOS 2.7 support, DMI 2.7 support, ACPI 5.0 support, Dual BIOS|
|Hardware Monitoring||CPU core temperature, chassis temperature, CPU fan tachometer, chassis fan tachometer, system voltage, CPU overheating protection, CPU core voltage|
|Hardware Features||Q-Flash, AutoGreen, NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology Support, Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) support, NVIDIA Quad SLI Technology Support, NVIDIA 2-way SLI Technology Support, On/Off Charge, Ultra Durable, AMD CrossFireX technology support, AMD Quad CrossFireX technology support, AMD 3-way CrossFireX technology support, Easy RAID Installer, All IR digital power design, Black Solid Capacitors, IR PowIRstage ICs, Turbo B-Clock, Game Boost, GIGABYTE Double Locking Bracket, Ultra Durable Memory Armor, Anti-Sulfur Design, G-Connector, Intel Optane Memory Ready, GIGABYTE Smart Fan 5, RGB FUSION, Ultra Durable PCIe Armor, RGBW/-UV LED strips support||
|Software Included||Norton Internet Security, @BIOS, EasyTune, Cloud Station, Xpress Install, GIGABYTE USB Blocker, GIGABYTE App Center, cFosSpeed, Smart TimeLock, GIGABYTE Fast Boot, GIGABYTE V-Tuner, GIGABYTE Smart Keyboard, GIGABYTE Smart Backup, GIGABYTE Smart Fan 5, GIGABYTE 3D OSD, GIGABYTE Smart HUD|
|Compliant Standards||Plug and Play|
Gigabyte Intel X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Gaming Motherboard Ask an owner
Gigabyte Intel X299 AORUS Gaming 3 Gaming Motherboard Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.