Drobo B1200i 12-Bay SAN 3U Rackmount
- For SAN advice email SOLUTIONS@EBUYER.COM
- Call 01430 433 671
- Supported Drives: Serial ATA-300 / SAS
- Total Array Capacity: Diskless
- Supported Drives: Serial ATA-300 / SAS
Mfr part code: DR-B1200I-1A31
Drobo B1200i 12-Bay SAN 3U Rackmount Product Description
- Up to 12 x 3.5" SATA I/II/III - SAS-1/2 hard disk drives (HDD's) and solid state drives (SSD's) (sold separately)
- Seamless integration into TCP/IP network infrastructure
- BeyondRAID™ Technology with single- or dual-drive redundancy
- Certified for Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam Backup, VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer environments
- Ethernet features connection failover and jumbo frames (up to 9000 bytes MTU)
- Innovative and time saving smart volume management
- Integrated thin provisioning
- Dual redundant, hot swappable power supplies and redundant, hot swappable cooling fan unit
- Supports NTFS, FAT32, HFS+, ext3, VMFS, and LVM file systems (please see full specification for further details)
A Drobo B1200i iSCSI array can hold up to 36TB of raw storage and beyond. To add capacity, simply insert a new hard drive or replace your smallest drive with a larger one, even when all drive bays are full. Unlike traditional RAID systems, the BeyondRAID technology in Drobo enables you to leverage different drive capacities, allowing for continuous expansion as larger drives become available. With Drobo, expansion is automatic and instantaneous and access to data is always maintained, all while protecting you from two simultaneous drive failures. Automated
The Drobo B1200i moves beyond the days of manually tuning an array for applications that have different storage requirements. Automated Data-Aware Tiering leverages high-capacity hard disk drives (HDDs) paired with high-performance solid state drives (SSDs) to deliver application-optimized storage that requires no manual tuning. SSD support with Automated Data-Aware Tiering is available in firmware version 1.1.0 or higher.
Smart Volumes with Thin Provisioning
Create new volumes up to 16TB in seconds and manage them over time with ease. The innovative and timesaving Smart Volume management technology with Thin Provisioning integrated into the Drobo B1200i allows volumes to pull storage from the common pool of disks rather than a specific physical disk allocation. The labour of resizing and migrating volumes is replaced with the simplicity of intelligent engineering.
Designed for IT Environments
The B1200i is the first Drobo with serviceable modular components. This hardware design provides a removable controller card; dual-redundant, hot-swappable power supplies; and a hot-swappable cooling fan unit.
You can source field replaceable units in advance in case of a single hardware component failure, to ensure high uptimes. This delivers the higher level of availability demanded by virtualized IT environments.
Expansion / Connectivity
|Expansion Bays||12 (total) / 12 (free) x hot-swap - 3.5"|
|Interfaces||3 x Ethernet 1000Base-T - RJ-45 ¦ 1 x Ethernet 1000Base-T (management) - RJ-45||
|Device Type||Hard drive array|
|Enclosure Type||Rack-mountable - 3U||
|Built-in Devices||Led panel|
|Supported Devices / Modules Qty||12|
|Supported Drives||SATA-600 / SAS-2||
|HDD Array External Interface||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Interface Type||SATA 6Gb/s / SAS 6Gb/s|
|Data Transfer Rate||600 MBps|
|Max Storage Devices Qty||12||
|OS Required||Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64 bits) SP1, Apple MacOS X 10.5.8 or later, Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bits) SP1, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Edition SP1, Apple MacOS X Server 10.5.8 or later, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (32/64-bits) SP1, Microsoft Windows XP (32/64 bits) SP1||
|Software Included||Drobo Dashboard|
|Compliant Standards||UL, TUV, CISPR 22 Class B, cUL, CB, ICES-003 Class B, MIC, AS/NZS 3548, RoHS, WEEE, BSMI CNS 13438, FCC Part 15 A, ACA, REACH, VCCI V-3||
|Power Device||2 x internal power supply - hot-plug|
|Max Supported Qty||2|
|Power Redundancy Scheme||1+1|
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V - 50/60 Hz||
Dimensions & Weight
|Min Operating Temperature||10 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||35 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||20 - 80%|
Drobo B1200i 12-Bay SAN 3U Rackmount Ask an owner
Drobo B1200i 12-Bay SAN 3U Rackmount Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.