£ 23.99 inc. vat
£ 19.99 ex. vat
Click & Collect Available
HPE C7976A LTO-6 Ultrium 2.5TB/6.25TB Back Up Media Tape
- The 6th Generation of LTO Tapes
- Data transfer rate of up to 1.4TB/Hour
- 108% more capacity than LTO 5
- Built-in AES 256-bit encryption
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip
Mfr part code: C7976A
Customers Also Viewed
HPE C7976A LTO-6 Ultrium 2.5TB/6.25TB Back Up Media Tape Product Description
Covering six generations of capacity:
- LTO-1 (200 GB)
- LTO-2 (400 GB)
- LTO-3 (800 GB)
- LTO-4 (1.6 TB)
- LTO-5 (3 TB)
- LTO-6 (6.25 TB)
With transfer speeds of up to 1.4 TB/hr for LTO-6, there is a platform for every need and budget. From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access. From LTO-5 onwards, LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and sharable media, such as a USB drive.
- Massive increase in capacity: 108% improvement versus LTO-5 and 290% capacity versus LTO-4.
- Significant increase in performance - possible to store 1.4 TB/hr using LTO-6.
- Built-in AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1) (LTO-4, LTO-5 and LTO-6) - granted FIPS140-2 Level 1 certification.
- Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
- A 70% increase in the number of tracks has increase the bit density, allowing more data to be recorded in the same amount of tape: from 1,280 tracks for LTO-5 to 2,176 tracks for 6th generation HPE LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB cartridges.
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring. First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation)
- HPE brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HPE warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
- Data encryption for enhanced data security on HPE LTO-4, LTO-5 and LTO-6 Ultrium. Compliance with FIPS 140-2 level 1 security standards.
|Designed For||HPE LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 ¦ HPE StorageWorks SAS Rack-Mount Kit ¦ HPE StoreEver 6250, LTO-6 Ultrium 6650, MSL2024 Ultrium 6250, MSL4048 Ultrium 6250, MSL8096 Ultrium 6250 ¦ HPE StoreEver 1/8 G2 Ultrium 6250||
|Tape Cartridge||Ultrium 6|
|Media Included Qty||1||
|Compressed Capacity||6.25 TB|
|Tape Length||846 m|
|Archival Life||30 years|
|Features||Metal Particle (MP)||
|Service & Support||Limited lifetime warranty|
HPE C7976A LTO-6 Ultrium 2.5TB/6.25TB Back Up Media Tape Ask an owner
HPE C7976A LTO-6 Ultrium 2.5TB/6.25TB Back Up Media Tape Product Discussion
Our comments box is a great way for you to view other people's feedback about products on Ebuyer.com, and add your own.
- This tool is open to everyone.
- You are responsible for the contents of your comments and any consequences that may arise as a result of them.
- Comments that contain any of the following will be deleted: terms considered explicit and inappropriate; defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, or offensive.